Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bomb Buzz

Author Topic: Bomb Buzz
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOMB!!.... not

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"the butt of jokes"

What a hilarious double take.

Seriously, tho ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really got to stop reading the Toronto Star.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Tahna. How about switching it up with some Globe and Mail and CBC?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Toronto Star is my choice because they have the most extensive local and international reporting out of all the newspapers that are sold around here. You should see Saturday's paper.

I read the Globe and Mail on occaision. They've got some good articles that I have posted here on a previous basis. Although they are a bit right wing, their editorial and opinion reporting has been quite unbiased, they even include opinions from the left wing, and their editorials are almost like the Toronto Star, even though they are a right-leaning paper.

The Toronto Sun is best known for its Sunshine girl, always a jawdropper. Their editorial reporting is also a bit to the right, but they save most of their venom against Jean Chretien, whom they refer as the worst politician in Canada.

The one newspaper that I stay away from is the National Post. This is the Ultra-Neo-Conservative paper of Canada. I don't like it. Biased reporting everywhere. Its former owner once said that a reporter who penned a left-wing opinion piece (which had nothing to do with this former owner I must add) should be publically horsewhipped. Left wingers don't have a voice in this one, so I never read it.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This former owner. His name wouldn't be a single five letter word beginning with the letter O would it?
IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Member # 33

B

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-L-A-C-K.

And no "O."

I'm surprised you see the Globe as right-of-centre, though, Tahnaman. Like you said, it's fairly devoid of ideology in general, and tends to be a bit more pro-Chretien and anti-Harris than the Post.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Its ideology has shifted somewhat a bit to the left when the Post came into being. It used to be a pro-Harris and pro-Klein paper. Well, it's still pro-Klein, but no longer pro-Harris, as the G&M has been hounding Harris over Ipperwash and Walkerton (to which the Post says "'if it is not my fault' then we believe him"). Either that, or they totally dodge the issue.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I like The Baltimore Sun.

That may or may not have something to do with residency as a citizen of just-outside-Baltimore-City.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well to get back to the topic as it is atleast the lady was smart enough to leave it alone and call the police. I worked with a guy that found what he thought was a pipe bomb, so he picked it up and took it to the police station. He slapped it down onto the counter and told them he thought it was a bomb.

I mean honestly how stupid can you get. Would have served him right if the damn thing really was a bomb and took his hand off.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They use to give out free copies of Toronto Star at my last university, but not this one. University of Waterloo is the best university in Canada my butt, we only get free National Post. What a joke.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps