Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » :P

Author Topic: :P
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As it stands, I rent a studio apartment in Cockeysville. As Shik can attest, I'm a master of cramming a large amount of furniture into a small space and make it liveable.

However, I have been looking for a larger place for some time now. I'd been thinking about getting a 1-bedroom in June when my current lease expires. So far, I'd been expecting to pay about $80 more for it ... not a bad deal (or so I thought).

Rolling through some listings on www.rentnet.com, I found a nearby apartment complex. One bedrooms go for $525 (or, $5 more then I'm paying now). Two bedrooms go for $585.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Going to head over tomorrow and check the place out. Also to going to talk to my cop buddy and find out what kind of "rep" the place has with the police. I've delivered there, and it doesn't strike me as a "bad" area (even if it does strike me as rather "cheap").

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd "make" sure you "know" all you can about the "area" before "you" move "in".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subtle. Very subtle.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a lot of money saved up, you could probably buy a condo and pay in mortgage what you'd be paying in rent for an apartment. The mortgage on my condo is $592/mo for a two bedroom, two full bath (and if money ever got tight, I could always rent out the other room).

But what am I saying? You don't have any money saved up...you're a college student. You probably don't even have any money in your wallet

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$40.

Once I get some of my debts paid off, I'll have more cash to play with.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"" whee ""whee

Much fun!! ""

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, is that all you pay?

I was paying $775 for a one bedroom!

Was, because now I've moved in with my soon to be bride. We have a great house in Los Angeles now.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

There are expensive one-bedrooms the closer you get to Towson and Baltimore, and there are some up near me for $720 or so ... (then again, the cable guy who came to install my cable modem told me a friend of his moved to a studio apartment in NYC and was paying $2k for something smaller then mine, so...)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps