Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Hello Mr. Dunlop-Tire (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hello Mr. Dunlop-Tire
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exist. The word is exist.
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol. You're funny.

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to fix your .sig too, since it's misspelled there...twice...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

MIB
Ex-Member

So it is.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I've found a couple of interesting things about Dunlop Tires.

Dunlop allowed Flare members to visit 17th-century Mazar-e-Sharif to prevent a rotating dimensional pod from destroying the Planet Q's solar system diorama in the 27th century.
UP3 is fired upon by the 27th-century GreenPeace "rotating dimensional pod" Finagle's Folly commanded by Captain MIB, who has time-traveled through a spatial funny portal to destroy LOA's ship. MIB claims that UP3 is responsible for a temporal explosion that will obliterate Planet Q's solar system diorama in his era. Although equipped with only 21st-century technology, the Flare members manage to deflect MIB's blasts and damage his ship, but then both the rotating dimensional pod and UP3 get sucked through the funny portal. The message board winds up in orbit around Planet Q in 1620.
Knowing MIB's ship holds the key to returning to their own era, the Flare members begins searching for it, and an forum team beams down to Mazar-e-Sharif to investigate forty-seventhspace readings that seem out of place in the 17th century. Meanwhile, at Zlorgnax Observatory in the Kandahar Hills, empty-headed model Jolene Blalock picks up UP3's warp emission on her instruments and reports the finding to computer mogul Malnurtured Snay, who funds her lab. Against Snay's instructions, Jolene transmits a greeting to UP3, and the Flare members tracks her to the Observatory. While TSN and PsyLiam head for the site, Charles and LOA identify a homeless man as Captain MIB. He explains that he emerged from the time funny portal in 1402 and crash-landed in the desert, where a young Malnurtured Snay found the rotating dimensional pod and utilized its technology to start a high-tech empire. Snay is now planning to use MIB's vessel to time travel, and, according to MIB, that will cause the explosion in the future.
Fearing that Jolene is a security risk, Snay sends a henchman to kill her. But TSN and PsyLiam spirit her away before she can be harmed. When Jolene questions what they're up to, TSN tells her that they're secret agents tracking a Trek BBS spy operation. She sees through his story, though, because the website and the BBS no longer exist.
Charles and LOA sneak into Snay's office, where they discover MIB's rotating dimensional pod just as Snay walks in and confronts them. LOA warns Snay not to launch the ship, explaining it will unleash disaster. Undaunted, Snay tries to kill Charles and LOA, but they're transported to UP3 in the nick of time. They try to beam up the rotating dimensional pod, but Snay uses their transporter beam to access UP3's computer and study its systems. Minutes later, the wily Snay steals the RawCadet's program from the Archives. To complicate things even further, UP3's presence is disclosed on the evening news!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what I get in return for funding Jolene's lab!!!

And I am not a TREKBBS SPY! Honestly.

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

*raises an eyebrow*

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we fit me and my Borg Icosahedron in here somewhere? We're really okay guys, once you get past the implants and the assimilation and the implacable hostility towards all other life thing...

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

MIB
Ex-Member

How about........NO!!! I'd rather have the NDs show up.

(Note: Watch the British mini-series Invasion: Earth to find out who the NDs are. They aren't a pleasent group of people I can tell you that.)

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Majel Barrett: Last week, the Flare members race against time to stop a 17th-century abacus industrialist from causing a 27th-century disaster.

now, the conclusion..

LOA's attempts to beam up 17th-century abacus mogul Malnurtured Snay and the rotating pod-thingy in his possession are stymied because UP3's long-range transporters aren't working. As a result, empy-headed model Jolene Blalock lures Snay to a meeting where the Flare members hopes to hijack him. Snay shows up with the RawCadet, whom he's supplied with a 27th-century portable MS IE-emitter that allows him to exist in environments without standard MS IE-graphic emitters.
Having reconfigured the shields on a administrator-only forum to disguise it from 17th-century radar, Charles and First of Two try to beam up Snay from the rendezvous. Snay has a device that interferes with the attempt, but UP3 is able to redirect the transporter signal to beam him directly to the webpage. Unfortunately, Snay's attempt to disrupt the beam-out damages the forum's controls. It goes down in some guys cheesy London flat, where Charles and First of Two are taken hostage by a paramilitary group. UP3 traces the crash site to London centre, and the RawCadet and PsyLiam travel there to find them.
On UP3, Snay admits to LOA that he wants to travel into the future to steal more advanced technology. Although LOA thinks she's put an end to those plans, one of Snay's henchmen uses his scavenged 27th-century technology to transport Snay back to his office. Outside Snay's headquarters, TSN spots a Ptolemy-class tug that appears to be moving the rotating pod-thingy to another location. In London centre, PsyLiam and the RawCadet manage to free Charles and First of Two. First of Two repairs the damaged forum, which they use to track the Ptolemy-class tug and destroy it. However, they discover the Ptolemy-class tug was a ruse; the rotating pod-thingy is back in Snay's office, and he's just launched it.
Retrieving TSN and PsyLiam, the forum returns to UP3, where LOA hails Snay, who refuses to abort his mission. She has no choice but to destroy the rotating pod-thingy. Seconds later, a time funny portal opens and MIB appears in his rotating pod-thingy. With his previous timeline altered by the destruction of Snay, this MIB has come from the future to lead UP3 back to the 21st century, where it belongs. LOA implores MIB to place them at Planet Q, but MIB cites the Terms of Use, which LOA cannot argue with. Back in the Officer's Lounge, the Flare members finds that they've gained one particular advantage from their journey: the RawCadet has retained the 27th-century mobile MS IE-emitter, freeing him from the confines of Flameboard.

Dunlop denies the incident.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly *what* have you been smokin', Mike?

I'll have... whatever it is you've been having.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

capped
Member # 709

make it a double

--------------------

MIB
Ex-Member

Did anyone see South Park last night. LOL
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Flare II: The Angry Misbegotten Fury of Snayer

Coming Soon To A Thread Near YOU!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

Oh! Oh! Can I be the main villian in that?!?!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps