Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Installing Armada II (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Installing Armada II
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried it on my desktop, it said that I need to free up 1.3GB of space on my hardrive to install it, which is ludicrous.

I tried it ony my laptop, which has a switchable A:/D: drives. For some reason, it won't recognize the fact that the D: drive is in there now and still says A: drive.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1). What's the problem regarding your desktop, exactly?
2). Dive into the BIOS of your laptop and 'flip the switch'.

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: Cartman ]

OnToMars
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Problem solved for the most part. Even though I shouldn't have had to, I deleted some shit on my harddrive and got it working.

As for my laptop, I'm a little hesitant about tinkering with the BIOS of my laptop which has been bugging up lately as is.

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.3GB damn that's big. What happened to games just being a couple hundred megabytes.

Then again, I have a 40GB harddrive so 1.3 is nothing.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to games' being a couple hundred kilobytes?
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.3 GB!!!!!!

Damn that's

HUGE!!!

Guess that took up more than 1 CD then huh? Oh yeah, and guess that if I want Armada II, then I'll have to go for that upgrade soon after my degree studies are done.

1.3 GB - God damn that's a biggen!!!!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.3 gigs? That's the equivalent of 'small change' to me.

Armada's size may seem huge, but it isn't that unusual anymore. The game, BTW, also utilizes some hefty compression techniques - it fits (and ships) on a single CD.

OnToMars
Member # 621

Yes, one disc.

I got it working, guess I freed up enough space, but it runs very jumpy.

Meh.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Specification requirenments for games go up all the time. This is not new or shocking.

What's the spec on your PC OnToMars? Armada II is a new game, so if your computer is a couple of years old, it's not surprising it's struggling. I've only got a 6 gig hard drive in my computer, and once I've worked over Christmas, I'm going to stick in a bigger one. 40 gigs are only about �60 nowadays.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

akb1979
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought CD-Roms are only 750 - 800 mbs - how can 1.3 GB fit on one of those disks . . . oh! was it zipped?

--------------------

Cartman
Member # 256

Compressed.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

akb1979
Member # 557

Ah! Zipped/Compressed - same thing!

Say Charles Capps, what's all this about a hacker??

I didn't notice anything, what's going on? Is Flare being attacked?!? Batten down the hatches! Secure those weapons! DON'T PANIC!!!!!!

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Zipped" and "compressed" are not the same thing.

And I would refer you to the Contests Forum for the thing about the "hacker".

akb1979
Member # 557

"Zipped" and "Compressed" are close enough in essense to be cousins so to me they are the same!!!

Say, which part of the contest section should I look in?

--------------------

Cartman
Member # 256

All cows are Animals. Not all Animals are Cows.

Cow == WinZIP
Animal == Compression.

Capiche?

And, erh, there's only one competition forum... in case you hadn't noticed yet

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps