Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Thank you, Charles!

Author Topic: Thank you, Charles!
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For your comments to Christain on Trekbbs. Maybe you can talk some sense into him. Some of us have tried, but he doen't listen.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been having conversations with him via ICQ. He's more in tune than you think.
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As in tune as I am out of tune?
IP: Logged
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can show him a way to track users, we may well see an end to the never ending invasion of trolls. His policies made me angry enough to give up the mod job at the slipstream. We couldn't get rid of the poster known as Che Grevara. Red Quacker is now back, to go along with Red Whacker, SkinofEvil, Sardonica, and a few others.

(Amazing as it may seem, I have learned when to keep my mouth shut, so I wont mention this anywhere, and I never mention Flare by name anymore)

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: Kosh ]

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Quacker is back? Interesting.

Shit list?

You know, these are some of the reasons I haven't visited the TrekBBS in more than 2 months.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

MIB
Ex-Member

Red Quacker is back? When did CC unban him?
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

quote:

Shit list?

A joke, refering to my last departure from Flare.

quote:

Red Quacker is back? When did CC unban him?

At Trekbbs. He had been posting under another name at trekbbs, Trek_Angel, but the Red Quacker name is now unbanned there, and he is back to his old habits. He didn't raise much hell under the other name.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, personally, I think Christian has a huge beast to handle now, and he won't be able to do it. I expect to see the TrekBBS falling under its own weight really soon, unless something revolutionary happens.

And it's curious to see you appearing SO often there lately, Charles

MIB
Ex-Member

He likes talking to them more than he does us.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

quote:

Well, personally, I think Christian has a huge beast to handle now, and he won't be able to do it. I expect to see the TrekBBS falling under its own weight really soon, unless something revolutionary happens.

And it's curious to see you appearing SO often there lately, Charles

It isn't as big as it seems. There are less then half the members that the front page shows, and C has five admins now. Between RobL and Lisa, I have hope that they can keep things under control.

As for Charles, I think I've seen him post there three times. Twice after upgrades, and today.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles posts on the TrekBBS?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As often as Yahweh spoke to Moses, approximately.
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I browse it occasionally... it helps me reflect on the comparative peace that is Flare...

Actually, I've been harassing Christian to upgrade to a newer board. He's using a UBB that's over a year old now.

He and I have two different philosophies on banning.

I can get away with permabanning and meaning it here - we get such a low number of new registrations that I could easily turn on member moderation and filter everyone before letting them post.

That luxury doesn't exist at the TrekBBS - there are too many registrations, and most of the trolls operate from AOL... banning AOL is futile, unfortunately

I'm glad we don't have HIS problems...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreeification to that. TrekBBS is a freakin' huge monstrosity, too big for its own good.
Must be one hell of a task to maintain order there (downright impossible even, if you ask me). Dang, I miss the old days.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps