Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Snay's Lego Battlecruiser (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Snay's Lego Battlecruiser
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finalized my rough blueprints. 8 decks tall, with each story marked off at about 3". At its narrowest point, no more then 8" wide (the conning tower, with the command level), and at its widest, 14". 5 feet long. Including a two-deck engineering level, a rear launch deck carrying two X-Wings, and a forward launch deck carrying some sort of sensor drone. A torpedo deck and launch tube, and possibly an integrated drop-ship to carry Stormtroopers into combat (forgive the mixing of Rebel and Imperial ships together, but Stormtroopers make nice soldiers, and I can't fit a TIE fighter into the space allotted). Also, crew barracks, soldier barracks, officers quarters, mess hall and kitchen, weapons control.

Now I just need to organize my legos, and I can start construction.

[ January 27, 2002, 14:35: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet a cure for cancer eludes us...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*SMACK!*

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait to see the pictures of this. Are you going to do pictures of the project throughout construction? Are you going to take pictures at all? And, most important, where's the twenty bucks you owe me?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

... $20?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, the group Styx sings a song about having too much time on your hands.......
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can we see the blueprints?

jesus. I don't want to tell you what I do in my free time. nothing so pure, I can tell you that. [Smile]

also, please don't let the damn thing be yellow, eh? paint it or something. I went to some traveling lego-land display a couple of years back, and all their stuff was made out of yellow blocks for the most part. It looked gaudy and shitty, like a giant gay lego man had pissed crayon yellow all over it. I don't care how much they spent on the thing, yellow legos as a thematic whole don't work.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I was thinking grey and a highlight color (possibly yellow) as the hull color.

Actually, it seems I have to get a "real" job (since my current "fake" one has cut my hours quite a bit), so it might be put on hold. Or at least delayed.

Still ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Jeff, I still want the $50 you owe me. Cough it up, bro.

Anyway, I'd like to see what you have sketched out, too. Something to whet our whistles. But, take care of your job, first. What are you thinking of looking into?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Kinkos, Barnes & Noble, or anything that pays in the $10 range.

Sadly, I have no scanner. Thus, my sketches shall be unseen. Sorry!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.legodeath.com/
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like how the legos have smiley faces as they perform the acts of death.

And the Bond one was creative [Smile]

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if attacked by a monster while making out is accutally a domestic accident.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite was the Fargo one. [Smile]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Sorting has begun. I'm going to try and budget five hours a week to sorting until it's done. So far, I'm working on plates of black, dark grey, grey, white, red, blue, yellow and green colors. I've also got to run out to Home Depot later and pick up some more storage bins (I don't have enough at ze moment).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps