Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A force to be reckoned with?

Author Topic: A force to be reckoned with?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So..yeah. In February or May ( can't remember which, but I know it's a sweeps month...probably May) there's going to be an episode of "Futurama" featuring the voices of most if not all of the still-extant TOS cast. It seems that in the future (our future, Futurama's past) "Star Trek" was banned because the fans became so powerful a force they were able to topple world governments. So, in an attempt to show his friends what the future was supposed to be like, Fry goes on a search through the universe for lost & hidden tapes of the show.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First heard about this a few months ago, and have been counting down the days ever since. Here's hoping it'll kick ass. [Smile]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Nimoy lended his voice for Spock (or, rather, his head) in the pilot episode - freakin' hilarious. Futurama is one little gem, underrated.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only three of the original series actors lent their voices for Matt Groening's works. Leonard Nimoy, Nichelle Nichols, and George Takei

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two of which have already been in the Simpsons...

I'm kinda surprised that Koenig didn't do it. He's always come across as a fairly affailable fellow with a good sense of humour.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and a clear schedule. [Wink]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Takei is actually a semi-regular on The Simpsons. I think he does the voice for Akira.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dr. Spock, whaddaya want on yer hot dog.

Surprise me..

*splat*

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My work here is done...

What are you talking about, you didn't do anything!

Didn't I?

::he beams away::

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A solar eclipse....the cosmic dance..continues."
"Does somebody want to trade seats with me?"

The best, though, was him & Mayor Quimby:

"And, ah, let me be the fihrst t'say, 'May the Foahce be WITH you!'"
"You don't know who I am, do you."
"I think I have an idea..."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps