Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » First the Thunderbirds -- Now Air Force One... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First the Thunderbirds -- Now Air Force One...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OnToMars, that was an excellent special, I thought. It was nice that the offered a lot of history on the earlier Air Force Ones and on Presidential air travel. The first twenty years of Presidential air travel saw only the use of military planes. Eisenhower named his Columbine. Kennedy ushered in the first non-military-plane based Air Force One and gave us the familiar blue-silver-seal color scheme. And I'll never forget that one of the earlier Air Force One's was orange [Eek!] and gray.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if someone has built an Air Force One out of Legos ... hmmm ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be willing to bet that someone has. I think everything but a jar of jalopeno peppers has been built in Legos.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of LEGO maybe... out of Legos, I doubt it.
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came as close as about 15 meters distance from several F-117 Stealth Fighters at an airport in our own country [Smile]

And president Clinton has flown almost directly over my own house towards an airport nearby, although not in Airforce 1... But damn, those Chinook helicopters make quite some noice!

And I live in The Netherlands [Big Grin]

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he was in an airplane, it was Air Force One. If the President gets on a Piper Cub, that Piper Cub's official designation is Air Force One.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but he said he flew overhead in a helicopter [Smile]

So was he in Marine One ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So does any boat the president steps on automatically become referred to as Navy One?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

I think that designation only applies to aircraft that the President uses. If he were to ride on a Navy helicopter or aircraft, it would be designated Navy One much like the Marine helicopters he uses are designated Marine One when he is aboard them. A slight bit of trivia I learned is that if the President is aboard a non-military aircraft, it is designated Executive One.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps