Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Americana (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Americana
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, gotcha. Originally it made as much sense to me as "I'm not really a fan of chloronic irigation, which is strange as I'm in a jazz band".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colonic irrigation. Oh shit, what am I saying? The spirit of Tim has entered me. Unclean! Unclean!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, hang on a moment... My spirit may go a lot of places, but colonic irrigation is not one of them. Though I'll admit that it is unclean. The subject I mean, not my spirit.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, I set my VCR to record the entire Super Bowl.

Just to watch U2 play at the Halftime show. Their dedication to September 11 was, how you say, sweet?

I must be bordering on Fanatical. I didn't watch a single minute of the game, save the last field goal.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought the sound quality could have been better. And considering the date, one would have assumed a certain song would have been played, yet it ultimately wasn't.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skipped the 1/2 time(can't stand U2) watched playmates on fear factor instead, and listened to SRV.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which one were you thinking, Tom?

And yes, I was thinking that "Where the Streets have no name" was not the best choice, but a decent one at best. I was thinking "Walk On" would have been more appropriate.

[ February 04, 2002, 15:19: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of U2 and fanaticism, when they had a concert in Los Angeles, a friend of mine camped outside for two days so she could stand in front of the stage.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was a great show, U2 is the best band in the world these days IMO and that towering news paper column was great.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tahna Los:
I didn't watch a single minute of the game, save the last field goal.

You know, that's the best way to watch. All the suspense with none of the boring.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 30 1972.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U2 can do strange things to you. I saw them at Wembley in 1997, and everyone who see them live comes out thinking Bono is God.

Then just before the New Year I watched a concert of theirs in Boston, and suddenly got the urge to bleach my hair. I kid you not.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Saltah'na
Member # 33

I honestly don't think that Sunday Bloody Sunday would have been appropriate, especially for the Non-U2 Fans out there who are likely to take things word for word.

"Walk On" was dedicated for Aung San Suu Kyi, a peace activist in Burma. Given that it is from U2's newest album, it would have been more suitable.

[ February 04, 2002, 17:03: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if not "Sunday Bloody Sunday", how about "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"? :-)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sabbath gosh-darn Sabbath", maybe.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps