Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to The Flameboard.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bush is on the right track

Author Topic: Bush is on the right track
Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that it is a good idea that Bush is pushing us off of a fossil-fuel based economy, but I think the change should be more aggressive, putting more money into research of new car engines and fuels and research into viable commercial fusion reactors, and for the present, the building of more nuclear fission powerplants. I mean, think of it this way: the less we use fossil fuels, the more we can move out of all those middle eastern countries, so none of their conflicts would have to concern us through deals and treaties, and they could just go at each other without us having to go in there just to protect our interests. And there are even more benefits to “clean” power technologies, such as in the form or readily available and renewable fuel, i.e. hydrogen for fusion reactors and fuel cells.

[ February 06, 2002, 15:22: Message edited by: Jack_Crusher ]

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone has a different approach to this. Not everybody's approach may satisfy everyone. I'm in wait-and-see mode at the moment.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think that it is a good idea that Bush is pushing us off of a fossil-fuel based economy...
I dodn't think that what Mr. Bush has done up to this point supports that statement.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I think this, since its political, could easily devolve into a flame board discussion. Perhaps it would better be served there?

A pre-emptive strike. so to speak.

[ February 06, 2002, 17:54: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's where political arguments have tended to go, yes.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps