Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Please please PLEASE tell me this is a joke

Author Topic: Please please PLEASE tell me this is a joke
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
HOLLYWOOD (Zap2it.com) – Enterprise crew Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Commander William Riker, Lt. Commander Data and Lt. Commander Worf will represent the United Federation of Planets at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City as a last-minute entry in the four-man bobsled competition.

At least, the actors who play them, Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner and Michael Dorn, have announced their intention to in a statement issued by Paramount Pictures on Thursday.

Busy working on the tenth installment of the "Star Trek" movie franchise, "Nemesis," the four actors expressed their excitement for the Winter Games.

"We live to luge," proclaimed Stewart, who not only portrays Captain Picard but will also be captain of the quickly-assembled bobsled team. He will sit in the lead position, followed by Spiner, Frakes and Dorn as the tailman.

The positions in the bobsled were chosen based on their individual talents: Stewart for aerodynamics, Spiner for his navigational skills, Frakes for ballast and Dorn for upper body strength.

"Michael can push," Spiner said of his teammate. "I've seen Michael push."

Although the crew has never bobsledded before, they are still confident they can take the gold.

"After you've faced off against the Borg, the Swedes aren't really much of a problem," Frakes explained.

"Star Trek: Nemesis" is set to beam into theaters Nov. 22.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the deadline for getting an Olympic was months ago. So, this is probably a joke. Albeit a very funny one. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really funny though.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"After you've faced off against the Borg, the Swedes aren't really much of a problem," Frakes explained.
That's goin in the .sig...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OnToMars, you might want to scope a look at this.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*kneejerk-reaction*Ha! The borg are pussies, we don't let OUR queen tell us what to do!*end kneejerk-reaction*

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The positions in the bobsled were chosen based on their individual talents: Stewart for aerodynamics, Spiner for his navigational skills, Frakes for ballast and Dorn for upper body strength.

ROFL [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen it, Snay.

*counts .sig lines*

One...two...three...four...five...six.

Six. What's the problem? OH...must it be UNDER six or is six the limit (making five the greatest positive integer allowed. Though not the limit, because if we took the limit as x goes to 6, we would never actually reach 6. And God help you if its the limit of SIN 6... Sorry, I failed a Calc test this morning).

And besides, I've replaced quotes, not added. So it's all good. Right? Right?

Charles, don't make me get rid of my Barcalow quote! Please! Anything but that!

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That segment about Dorn's upper body strength and Frake's ballast position is funny.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They really should consider adding LeVar, incase the phase induction shielding around the primary astrogyroscope should fail, unless Spiner knows how to reroute the plasma conduits to the secondary and tertiary field generators.

Any word on whether or not Jeffrey will be leading a team of Jem'Hadar extras to represent the Dominion?

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps