Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A Little Help... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Little Help...
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why I need this is a very long story, but believe it or not, this is actually rather important.

Does anybody have a picture of Homer Simpson in a military uniform? Or is able to acquire one?

I know there was that episode where he joined the Naval Reserve, that's the only one I can think of definitively where he was in uniform.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The episode is "Simpson Tide", and a quick search on Google revealed no pictures of Seaman Simpson, sorry.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So What's The Story (Morning Glory)?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

OnToMars
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, here's the story. Though, as warning, I'm not supposed to be telling you this, as we're not supposed to tell anybody about what's required. So, if you ever happen to come across Arnold Air Society in your lives, deny all knowledge. Now that the entirely too suspicious preamble is out of the way:

I'm trying to join Arnold Air Society; a professional, honorary, service organization affiliated with the Air Force and AFROTC. The candidate process is semester long and there are numerous requirements to be accepted. Part of our requirements is to make a book filled with things as dictated by the current members of the AAS squadron. Each member has a list of things they want us to find and put in our books. One of them is Homer Simpson in a military uniform. All of our searches have been so far futile. If somebody could please make screen caps, of an episode w/ Homer in military uniform (the easiest probably being "Simpson Tide"), it would help us along quite a bit.

And I reiterate, though this may sound very stupid considering that (with the possible exception of one or two) none of you have any or ever had any contact with the Air Force, let alone Arnold Air Society, please keep this on the down-low. I hesitate to put this on a public forum at all, but you guys are probably the best bet to get a screencap at all. Thanks again.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll see what I can do.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something like this?

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, that doesn't look like Homer...let alone in a military uniform.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it does, The359.

How does it not look like Homer? How does that NOT look like a military uniform? If I'm not mistaken, the guy to his left is a Lieutenant ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Homer appears to be an E-4, Petty Officer 3rd Class.

BTW OnToMars, if I were joining the Air Force I wouldn't want anyone to know either. [Wink]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Simspon, what is it that we're doing out here? Why are we HERE?"
"Peeeeaaaass..."
"Yes, peace, of course. But what's the best way to GET peace?"
"With a KNIFE!"
"Yes, that's IT!! The SWORD instead of the word!"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly. That is a vidcap from "Simpson Tide."

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yes, Lee, I believe I mentioned that at the beginning of the thread ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

I know you did. I was just confirming it was.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I appreciate that, Lee. Now, where'd I put my peaaaaaassssssss?!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Member # 621

Thanks a bunch guys.

Just out of curiosity, is there any part of that episode where we see Homer in Class A's (his dress uniform)?

quote:
OnToMars, if I were joining the Air Force I wouldn't want anyone to know either.
::sigh:: Do you know how much of a damper being in the Air Force has put on my ability to make fun of the Air Force? Suprisingly, quite a bit. I watched the last twenty minutes or so of "A Few Good Men". Spent the next hour catching shit from my fellow AAS candidates and getting into arguments over which branch is better. But it's all good, as the Navy rocks. [Cool]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps