Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I have a new job!

Author Topic: I have a new job!
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! I hated my old job for over a year and in this job climate, I couldn't find anything.

But NOW! Oi!

I will be working for the Superior Court of Los Ageles County at the Monterey Park Children's Court.

And at around a $1,000 more a month!

So, again, I asy YEAH!

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, congratulations!

Wanna loan me about $1000 a month? [Wink]

Nah, really, when do you start and what will the new job be entailing?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, congratuations. I've got an interview at 10:30 in the morning on Tuesday. It's a full-benefited, part-time Librarians' Assistant position, but at least it's something instead of sitting at home without a job. So, wish me luck.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wooooooohooooooooooo! Congrats, Jay.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo Hoo! I hope the job is all you hope it will be.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you...thank you all.

As I understand I will be conducting administrative studies and looking at court policy and procedures and preparing recommendations on said policy and procedures. The application was rather general and will get more specific when I meet with the person I will be working for that the Children's Court.

Added benefits of this job over my old one:
  • more money
  • it is a day time job (6 years of working nights is WAY too long
  • I'll get to use my brain more..the old job devolved into an assembly line job over the last year
  • it's more money and it ain't nights

Althouhg now I have to start getting up at the crack of dawn...considering that for tha last several years I've been working nights, that is going to proove to be tough.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$1000 more a month is great, but working with your brain will be much more rewarding in the long run. Congrats.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least you weren't desperate enough to do what I did. Though I also get over $1,000 a month too. Plus no rent, utilities, or other common bills. Except for my car and insurance once I get it.

Then you could work for JAG if you're really into court law stuff.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

I may have overestimated the boost in money...I forgot about taxes and all...but hey, it's still a better job and it's a foot in the door to a whole new world.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Jay! Where's this court located? Sounds like you're even closer to where my house is. Monterey Park's not that big.

[ February 11, 2002, 21:17: Message edited by: Tora Ziyal ]

--------------------
life creation in progress

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps