Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A new version of Monopoly...

Author Topic: A new version of Monopoly...
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad and I had a very funny idea during a conversation this morning. They've got all sorts of variations of Milton Bradley's traditional "Monopoly" game... for Star Wars and Star Trek, for the football teams, for various big cities like New York and Philadelphia (that I know of) and so on...

So why not have a version called "Microsoft Monopoly"?

The various properties would instead become software titles that Microsoft markets. The railroads could be operating systems, or maybe pieces of hardware. (Monitor, CPU, keyboard, mouse...)

A "Chance" card: Judge rules against your company in anti-trust case. Go directly to jail!

So... what else should there be in this game?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Release buggy software amid much hype. Collect $200 from each player who has ever played Monopoly ever.

Release placebo update amid much hype. Collect $200 from each player who has ever played Monopoly ever.

Bill gets a new sweater! Go directly to start.

Because the 'Go' would be 'Start', right?

This game doesn't sound fun. Monoply takes like a thousand hours to finish, and who would want to look at that Uncle Moneybags-As-Bill Gates for a thousand hours?

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by U//Magnus:
Monoply takes like a thousand hours to finish, and who would want to look at that Uncle Moneybags-As-Bill Gates for a thousand hours?

A thousand hours? [Confused] [Eek!] What the hell have you been playing? 1,000 hours! Jesus! 6 hours at most mate! 1,000! . . . . 1,000! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, because I was serious. I guess I could play a little quicker, though.
Member # 239

From the edutainment resource Something Awful, come unrelated hijinks:

&

Which could be variants of Monopoly somewhere, I don't know.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh... how about, instead of "Go to Jail," you have "Go to Court"?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I think the corners would be "Go to PD" "Go to Lawyers' office" "Go to court" and then "Go to Jail"

As for the Star Trek - opoly, I think it'd be a decent idea, but I think Star Trek Risk would be ultimate, if only they could figure out exactly what the Galaxy layout would be. The six players would be Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, and two others I haven't decided yet (Ferengi, Breen, Dominion, Borg, or *heh heh* Andorian?)

[ March 23, 2002, 13:54: Message edited by: Saiyanman Benjita ]

--------------------
You've got to be kidding!
I'm wet, I'm naked, your sister is wearing my clothes
And this is all part of some evil plot to rule the world as a soggy chimp in my BIRTHDAY SUIT???!!!

Member # 239

What?
Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you heard me. Star Trek Risk.

--------------------
You've got to be kidding!
I'm wet, I'm naked, your sister is wearing my clothes
And this is all part of some evil plot to rule the world as a soggy chimp in my BIRTHDAY SUIT???!!!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it doesn't matter WHAT the other two are, just that the board is big enough to play between two and six players. It's not like you'd get special "starship" pieces ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps