Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » This is quite interesting. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This is quite interesting.
Flower Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ornl.gov/ORNLReview/rev26-2/text/radside1.html

I had no idea that such technology was in development. Personally, I think that if this technology can be perfected, and if we can get energy companies to actually use it, people would be much less hesitant to say yes to more nuclear power plants. What are your thoughts?

[ March 27, 2002, 14:30: Message edited by: Flower Man ]

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I wish we had a nuclear power planet. That would solve a lot of problems.
Flower Man
Ex-Member

No need to be so sarcastic. [Smile]
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A power planet would be intersting. Intersting indeed. Like, the guy from the Police. But online?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

They already did that! In the 15th episode of Star Trek Deep Space Nine, "Progress" they transformed Jeraddo, which is a moon of Bajor, into a power planet to feed enrgy from.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so everyone knows, MIBFlower Man spelled "plants" as "planets" in his original post. He changed it after I made a joke about it, so the joke didn't make sense anymore. But now you understand.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think it'd be great to have nuclear power plants. Someone ticks me off, all I'd have to do is throw my pot o' marigolds at him and run like hell.

But, they'd have to really yank my chain. Kinda like being an uninvited and unwelcomed guest in my home. You know, along that sort of stuff.

[ March 26, 2002, 21:04: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He also spelled INTERESTING as INTERSTING in the TITLE! HENCE my STING ONLINE joke!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Yeah, but he didn't bother to fix that one.
Flower Man
Ex-Member

Obviously, you never bothered to look harder at the title. [Big Grin]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

HAH!

MIB figured out how to edit thread titles! Hahhahahahahahahahahahaha!

[ March 27, 2002, 14:56: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

MIBFM: You do realize that the post says right on it that you edited it after my post, yes?
Flower Man
Ex-Member

Must be a glitch in the system. [Smile]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah ... you. [Smile]
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, maybe we can delete his character from system.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps