Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A Little Help: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Make DVD Captures (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Little Help: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Make DVD Captures
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody? Is there a program or just a certain combo of Alt-Ctrl-Tab like a Mortal Kombat special move?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, what DVD software are you running?

If you use a DirectX-based player, you'll need video capture software that can take DirectX captures. Else, you'll end up with some wierd non-image thing that isn't really a capture and all that stuff.

I use PowerDVD 4.0 (which has it's own built in capture button), but I also use HyperSnap DX 4 in conjunction. I think, you can get both demo versions from download.com, and it's not too much too register them, but you can get around that. Not that I would know. Poor student that I am.

Edit: Use WinDVD's capture thing. It's easier.

[ March 29, 2002, 14:41: Message edited by: U//Magnus ]

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use WinDVD, which also has built in cap features...
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an egg. Nothing to see here.

[ March 29, 2002, 14:40: Message edited by: U//Magnus ]

Member # 239

I am an egg. Nothing to see here.

[ March 29, 2002, 14:40: Message edited by: U//Magnus ]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PowerDVD has a button to press. On WinDVD you have to press "P", I belive.

There's no visual confirmation, which might be throwing you. They end up in a sub-directory of the program's directory, in a folder called "images" or "Captures" or something similar.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, just wasn't aware of the process. All taken care of now, thanks a bunch.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad we've settled this. Good job guys.

Now its time to go back to what we do every night...

[ March 31, 2002, 14:29: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Member # 239

SHOVE IT UP YOU A-R-S-E!

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9 posts.. is that a record?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone here have any experience extracting audio from DVDs? Can you recommend a utility/method for doing this?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could someone do me a favor? I don't have a DVD player (on my computer!), but I'd like a screen-grab of Hogwarts when we first see it ... I think its about 30 minutes into the film. Thanks! [Smile]

[ June 02, 2002, 19:13: Message edited by: Snay ]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'd like a bowl of hogballs, if it's not too much trouble. Steamed, preferrably.

I think they'll go down nicely with a strong Merlot, say -95, mixed with an explosion of swine.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude man....check out this site...it'll solve every technical questions you have on how to build your own pirating empire, including dvd ripping...

www.vcdhelp.com

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tnx, BE. I'm going to try the SmartRipper they seem to like so much. Actually, that site has quite a bit about VCDs in which I am also very interested. So, thanks!

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps