Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ding, Dong, The Witch Is Dead (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ding, Dong, The Witch Is Dead
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has a nice profile.
so SHOVE IT UP YOU A-R-S-E!

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

[ March 31, 2002, 22:16: Message edited by: U//Magnus ]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the Bank of Canada got its head out of its ass, they'd kick her off our $20 note when the new ones comes out in the next 18 months and put Trudeau there instead. [digression... Trudeau miniseries was on CBC tonight.. wow. Perhaps the first CBC show that changed camera angles more than once every 3 minutes. Very, very well done.] Except then all our money would have dead white Prime Ministers on it. And there'd be 3 Liberal Prime Ministers to 2 Conservatives, which would inevitably cause somebody to go into a rage about patronage and all that stuff. [digression... Nevermind that Robert Borden was a complete tool who set back Anglo-French relations a few decades and did nothing of any substance aside from follow Lloyd-George's commands and avoid getting Canada wiped out in World War I and thus doesn't deserve to be on our hundred. Which is icky brown. Which is unusual.]

In any case, our money keeps on getting more Eurotrashy and less like fugly Yankee-money (which all things considered, I'd call an improvement) as time goes by.

Behold the power of the Laurier and Macdonald, American infidels! Note how the usage of colour makes it possible to easily identify the money in your wallet. Ooooh! How novel! Unfortunately, we lack the special Communist-fighting powers that your bills have with the whole "In God We Trust" thing. Maybe we'll catch on the next time we replace all our banknotes.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the ability to read and form memories allows us Americans to easily identify our money. besides, if you can't tell the difference between a $1 bill and anything else you can put it in a candy machine. if it is a $1 then you can have delicious candy, but if it is anything else you have to put it in your pocket and go home sad and hungry (this is all void if you go to a weird machine that also gives change for large bills. your SOL then, i guess).

--jacob

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Canada has the best rock stars"... Yeap - William Shatner! ;o)

And on the last post SOL? Sick of Lobster? Slipped on Linoleum?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shit Out of Luck

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satellite of Love.
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If the Bank of Canada got its head out of its ass, they'd kick her off our $20 note when the new ones comes out in the next 18 months and put Trudeau there instead.
Trudeau, why would we want that a$$ on our bills. I had to live through his leadership and I certainly wouldn't want to see his face everytime I pull out a bill. When the russians shot down KAL 007 my wife's sister was on it, when her parents asked Trudeau what he was going to do about it, his response to greiving parents was "What do you want me to do about it, start a war with the russians?" I realize that there was no way we were going to get the truth from the russians, and later the americans but his answer should have been a little more cafefully worded to greiving parents. No, sorry this man was no leader he was an a$$ and deserves to be placed on an outhouse seat not a bill.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

yep, Shit Out of Luck.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Canada's rockstars are among the best!

Rush is still my favorite.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on the subject of money, i think the simpsons last night said it all in reference to non-American bills

"Now all this pink and purple is OURS. God, our money looks gay.."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Except then all our money would have dead white Prime Ministers on it."

And this is worse than living white hereditary monarchs?

"Note how the usage of colour makes it possible to easily identify the money in your wallet."

Note how the usage of numbers serves the same purpose on our money. I take it Canadians can't read? :-)

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Note how the usage of numbers serves the same purpose on our money. I take it Canadians can't read?
copycat!!!! [Smile]

--jacob

[ April 01, 2002, 13:28: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why "read" money when you can perform the mystical ritual known as "the glance?"

Expends less energy. I thought that was what the American ideal was all about.

[ April 01, 2002, 13:35: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jacob: It may have been the same point you made, but I said it better. :-)

Tom: There's an appreciable difference between the time it takes you to tell the difference between a "1", "5", "10", and "20" and the time it takes you to tell the difference between colors?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The US Treasury wants to make American money look like that funny fancy-collored messa shit that the French use by like 2004. Shit like a yellow $20, a blue $5, & a red $10.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps