Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I know we've had this conversation before (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I know we've had this conversation before
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beware, pop up adds.

http://www.ucomics.com/foxtrot/

If someone would be kind enough to explain that last line to me?

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When he said "What are chips called?", we assume he means potato chips. However, at the end, we find out that he was actually thinking about computer chips (processors). He assumes the Brits call their computer chips "crisps", and that they do it because they often overclock Pentium processors (resulting in the processors' being burnt to a "crisp").
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siegfried would be proud.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'm sure he'd mention a soap bar, too.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tim!
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
He assumes the Brits call their computer chips "crisps", and that they do it because they often overclock Pentium processors (resulting in the processors' being burnt to a "crisp").

Hey! I'm British and I don't overclock my processor.

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just stuck your tongue out at me eight times.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There! Did you see that? He just did it again!
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If someone would be kind enough to explain that last line to me?

A world almanac is an annual publication composed of various lists, charts,and tables of useful informationin many unrelated fields. And the kid checked this book to see if it had any information reguarding the british overclocking their pentiums. Does this clear up the last line for you?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmm, LOL, well...... that did answer the question.....
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

quote:

Does this clear up the last line for you?

Thanks!! Tim cleared it up for me. I missed more then the last line. [Big Grin]

I posted this because of the "Chips" "Crisps" connection, and had missed to real joke.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You explain the punchline of one masturbation joke, and they never let you live it down.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

I'll get a new sig file soon. [Wink]

[Cool]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just worried that an administrator (I'm looking at you, TSN and Krenim!) is going to change my status line to "The Pompatus of Masturbation" or the "Masturbatory Man" or "Too Much Time on his Hands."

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Handy" ?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps