Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Forced Sabbatical (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Forced Sabbatical
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would call them "Fucking mind Nazi.. I've filled out your rote-learned propaganda so I can earn a meaningless grade"

invigilator has less syllables...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then I have succeeded. Instant self-kudosage. Truly, wherever I go, happiness follows. Go forth, and invigilate no more. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one of the rare moments of network stability for me.

Thanks to all of you who have wished me luck. Let me tell you that I have needed it. The exams yesterday were really rough, but I think I got through them all right. I know that one of my harder classes this semester has given me a "C." All I have is the one exam left.

There is some bad news (or good, if you don't like me much). First, I'll be away a lot longer than I thought. The DSL isn't going to be working until the middle to end of May. Second, the degree plan I filed last month was rejected. Apparently, the prerequisites for one of my required classes has changed, and I have to tack one an extra semester. You'd think that with only ten classes left, they'd give a little.

So, that's it. At least I can rest this weekend at home before worrying about packing up, moving, and taking my last final.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats and bum deal.....

May your stable times by near and long termed....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Ritten. They should be coming quite soon. I'm done with school (for a few months anyway) and out of the dorms.

However, I'm still going to be gone a while longer. I did move into the apartment (what a fun couple days that was), and the phone line isn't running yet. Not that it matters much to me anyway since I don't have a dial-up ISP. DSL isn't going to be running until the equipment comes in, which is still ten to fourteen days away.

So, take care and don't let this place burn down. Behave in General Sci-Fi, I don't want to have to send Jeff in there to bust people up. And, if any of ya'll are going to be in the Houston area, you're more than welcome to visit! It's going to be quite boring with no television, no Internet, and no telephone.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps