Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My Job: What am I doing?

Author Topic: My Job: What am I doing?
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week I was promoted to manager. However manager of what I do not know. I was at Marrazzo's from the very beginning plus everyone likes me which is why I was promoted. I was trained in the art of the Scanning Office, though I still haven't done anything that relates to it. My salary was doubled from 6.15 to 12.30 for the interest I have to travel between the two stores at Ewing and Robbinsville.

I attend meetings on Saturday, which I do not participate nor do I have any place being in one. I have no clue what my job is. Still being only 18 and still in High School being a manager of something is actually cool.

I just find it funny.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still being 18 and in High School is sort of funny. [Wink] Unless you're in like a silly system or something. Then it's understandable. [Razz]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Marrazzos?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend just turned 18 and is still in high school. My other friend will be turning 18 later this month. What's so wrong about being 18 and in high school? That's pretty normal for someone who was born between January and June... [Roll Eyes]

Now, being 19 and still in high school, that's something else. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 18 in high school too.

But what I think he means is that he's 18, AND in High School, AND being trusted with being a manager.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yeah. I was 17 when I graduated HS, but may of my friends were 18 or older. Remembering back the many years since I was actually in the fine establishment known as the High School (IT WAS IN THE DECADE PREVIOUS TO THE CURRENT DECADE!), I can't say at all that I could've been manager of anything, except of sleeping in, and the local Marky Mark fanclub.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except for some people born between mid-May and September or October, just about everyone ends up being eighteen and in high school simultaneously. My last day of high school was actually on my eighteenth birthday, so I was technically a few hours shy of it. However, graduation wasn't for a few more days, so I graduated at eighteen. I'm only mentioning this because it's quarter-after-four in the morning, and I should be in bed...
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a manager will destroy any school endeavours you attempt if you are not careful.. I ended up becoming a manager at my first job, and was so busy having my ego stroked by the fact that i was in a new, powerful position, that i lost track of my studies and very nearly dropped out of my second semester at college (and my grades dropped in my last semester of HS to match). Unless its a position in a career you are pursuing, be careful.

BTW i was 16 for the first two months of my senior year and turned 17... i didnt turn 18 until i was in my first semester of college

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Matrix!! 12.30 an hour aint bad at all.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marrazzo's is large mom and pop store that recently in 2000 bought another store. Sam Marrazzo's brother owns a very successful Auto Shop, his other brother owns a flower shop. His mom is a professional cook, and his Dad used to own the family business and now works in a Marrazzo's 7-11 type stores.

12.30 isn't bad at all, especially at my age. Though I found out that in terms of ranking all that I can do is boss around the baggers and cashiers a bit. Even can fire them if I wanted to, but then I have to paper work.

Today I found out I am PR Guy, however I thought that job belonged to another manager? Also there might be a possiblity I have to train someone myself to help me out on whatever I am doing...

[ May 06, 2002, 07:56: Message edited by: Matrix ]

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps