Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Hey yo Samuikaze (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hey yo Samuikaze
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Defiant: OPINON}I'd say that if you make ot to become a senior member without being banned or gotten warnings your damn lucky.[/OPINION]

Most people who stay here long enough to be senior nowadays have mostly lurked this place out before joining and so they get familiar with it beforehand. At least, I did.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am touched.... in the head, as they say....

***sniff***

I feel better now.... thanks.... [Wink]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You the sad part about this is? This is the most excitment we had in a while.

I do not remember being flamed as a newbie. Actually I was Crusader back then and my first topic was about a "Pefect Fleet". Besides a different look on life and perhaps abit 'seasoned' I am basically the same person when I first came here.

Sure I got flamed here and there for spelling or incorrect facts, but you shouldn't let that get to you. I got topics closed a few times but I never questioned wy ity was closed. When I found out that MIB got banned, I did question it but never openly or to anyone. Only when it's unethical to this board or in real life, should you seriously question. Otherwise, ignore those you flame you and such.

But that's just me.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lurking on a forum is a great way to know what the fuck not to do, and i wish more people would do it before they jump right in. flames don't mean anything, though. i still get flamed for not using capitalization, but i haven't let it bother me [Smile] .

--jacob

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You also get flamed for thinking that the Executor isn't a Super Star Destroyer, and that Ackbar is just a "fish who can't speak good English" (or something along those lines).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alot of newbies lately seem to think that they're being flamed when people disagree with them. What was his name a couple weeks ago that got mad whenever anyone tried to actually have a different opinion?

Disagreeing does not = Flaming, people. It's called discussion. However, when someone posts random, meaningless fanboy speak...there's really nothing else to do but insult them...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be a DARKSTAR, kids! Eat your broccoli!

And my entry to the board went smoothly because I recognized that it was someone else's playground and showed respect and propriety, while trying to maintain an intelligent fa�ade. I added comments about subjects I was knowledgable about until my name was recognized as a member, and tried to recognize the infrastructure of how tech data is disseminated (I got here through Bernd's site, originally). I recognized this as a classy, reserved (no web-nonsense like avatars and junk) tech-heavy forum, so I try to post responsibly. I avoided the Flameboard (even today, since its mostly the same five or ten people talking about the same few things over and over) and didn't post in the Officer's Lounge until 9-11 at about 9:30 AM, because it was the only thing anyone was posting in. The only thing I did wrong was joking about Nemesis spoilers I had heard in a non-spoil thread, getting my post edited (and viciously insulted by the mod, even though I had no concept of what a 'spoiler' was). I did wrong, was verbally admonished, and came out of the experience with a new understanding of the situation. Tough love.

But then again, I have a fairly good grasp of English grammar and I am not a twelve-year old. Kids need to be spanked.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're a model citizen.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
something, something, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was never a newbie... [Razz]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I ever got flamed or anything either. I did lurk for a little while but I'm very impatient and had to get in on it [Big Grin] .

quote:
We're elitist bastard assholes.
and proud of it [Smile]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Snay: You also get flamed for thinking that the Executor isn't a Super Star Destroyer, and that Ackbar is just a "fish who can't speak good English" (or something along those lines).
those weren't flames, you were just wrong [Smile] . btw, could a mod by chance change my status line? i'd like to be "****Confirmed!!!!!!****" (4 asterisks on each side of confirmed with 6 exclamation points)? if i need to PM someone or something, please let me know now because god knows no-one helped me out the last time i asked how you go about changing your status line [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--jacob

[ May 22, 2002, 13:02: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

IP: Logged
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a Saint here. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a newbie once - in my younger days . . . [Big Grin]

I don't think that I got a beating or anything; I did get told off for over-doing the HTML stuff and then the smilies, but other than that and the odd text slap for having my own opinion on a subject, my time here has gone rather soothly.

I think that the trick is not to be a total asshole, respect the other members and remember that they are as passionate about Trek as you are. Oh and if you are going to contradict them on something, you'd better make damned sure to have sufficient evidence to back-up what you're say! Otherwise you're for the slaughter house!

HEHE!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

(Like my status line says: Just loves those smilies! - Like you couldn't guess [Wink] )

Oh yeah, I'd just like to say:
"Welcome to Flare Samuikaze! We'll make you laugh, cry, curse, frustratedm, confused, insane, demented, constipated, feel insignificant, as well as call you names and generally insult you. And that's all within your first week! [Eek!] But all that aside, we're really glad to have you with us! HEHE! Welcome to the club!" [Big Grin]

Oh and, I've seen that EVE site too, I've yet to be asked to participate in it though and my request is a few months old now . . . [Frown]

[ May 22, 2002, 14:57: Message edited by: akb1979 ]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lurked at UP V1.0, lost the net, lurked at V2.0, lost the net, now I am here, losing the net on occasion.....

I like the Passage of Rites here.... It is a good idea, like the Barrier....

The stage is set, the band starts playing, suddenly your hearts starts pounding, wishing secretly you were a senior member....

Now, when do we have him start washing the windows, scrubbing the floors, doing the dishes, etc....????

Also, Samuikaze, don't be suprised if you start a thread about warp theory and people end up discussing T'Pol's sex life..... It happens....

[ May 22, 2002, 15:29: Message edited by: Ritten ]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps