Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Website Than No Longer Can Be Updated... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Website Than No Longer Can Be Updated...
The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aint there someplace where you can download Corel? I mean, Paintshop is crap.
IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know who the hell kicked you in the back of the head here, but Corel Draw has nothing over Paintshop Pro.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The BWC
Ex-Member

I'll geuss I'll have to do it with Irfanview.
I have decided on a layout, but am not sure which font to use.
What Era should I do first? (TNG, Movie, TOS, Future, ect)

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie!! no particular reason, i just like movie era ships. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

The BWC
Ex-Member

Agreed Wraith

Here is the navigation bar. I am still unsure of how to sorth the information below.

Now I need to decide which ships to include and which to make myself... that I can do.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask CaptainMike.... He may be able to help you....

Corel Draw didn't catch anyone's interest, I like the 2 I mentioned.....

I do have to agree with The359....

Photoshop was selling cheap, for the older version... Been awhile since I have checked though.... Then add a few plugins and you are ready to go....
After a few seconds of fidling.... is a different logo....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The BWC
Ex-Member

Nah. Reminds me too much of a sock. That thing around the top.
The BWC
Ex-Member

You know that fuzz stuff that comes around your pictures if you save them in JPG? Do you know of anything that cleans that up?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim's store doesn't stock Photoshop? Or Anti-Fuzzerizer?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You know that fuzz stuff that comes around your pictures if you save them in JPG? Do you know of anything that cleans that up?"

Yes. Not using JPEGs.

Seriously, JPEGS use what is technically called "lossy" compression, where they shrink the image by "losing" bits of detail. Hence "lossy". They took a real word and made it silly!

In Paint Shop Pro (which is superior to Corel Draw, although possibly not QUITE as good as Photoshop, although if you're not doing professional stuff I doubt you'll notice the difference) and most graphics programs you can alter the compression ratio, but you'll still get a little bit of fuzz. You have two options:

1/ Use GIFs. If it's a logo or any form of graphic that is 256 colours or less, use a GIF. It's better, and it doesn't fuzz.

2/ Use PNGs. These are new (ish), and therefore aren't supported by really old browsers and Geordies. But they can be 16 million colours and don't fringe. The files will be bigger than JPEGS, but look loads better.

"Oh, the hilarity of the "adult section" at the Otakon 2000 art show. I remember one drawing in particular where Misty was on all fours facing Ash, who held what appeared to be a 4-foot length of high-volume fire hose in his hands."

Ha! Although not quite as disturbing as the number of Powerpuff lesbian hentai pics I've seen, which have the double disturbing thing of:

1/ They are 5, and

2/ They are sisters.

Paedophilia AND incest! God bless the internet.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The BWC
Ex-Member

Well, I could just kitbash most of my ships, but the problem is they are odd shapes and I can't make it look right. The Baker class for instance.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are certainly catching on. The thing the world needs the most is another Geocities Kitbash Star Trek ships sites! You'll be inundated with visitors! How unique!
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure they're 2D as well. With blazing 255-green background colour. I "love" that shit!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't this in the wrong forum?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Designs & Creativity usually implies some sense of design and creativity...

My, I am catty. Anyway, we've never demanded that threads about creating websites go there. Were we, heaven help us, to start discussing the specific matters of "content," that would belong best there.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps