Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Goodbye everyone....

Author Topic: Goodbye everyone....
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Flarites. There maybe some amongst you that already know, for those that don't, I'm leaving, it saddens me to say. I'm emigrating to southern Spain, leaving on Saturday the 15th. It's not possible to ship my computer over right now, so I'm left out in limbo in that regards, and it's quite painful in fact.

Trekmania will stay online, but I will not be able to collect email. If I can find an internet cafe I'll try and drop by to say hello from time to time - until such time I can get my computer shipped out - that can't come soon enough.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say you've all been great. There are several here I even consider good friends. I'm really going to miss all this banter. But for now it's adios...

(More info here:)
http://www.trekmania.net\announcement.htm

[ June 13, 2002, 07:16: Message edited by: The Red Admiral ]

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet Merciful Crap!

I miss you already!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never known crap to be either sweet or merciful. [Smile]

Anyway, I hope to hear from you soon. Come back asap.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What there are no Internet cafe's in Spain?

You can stay on-line - you can do it!

Well, if not come back when you can....

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, I'll be missing all you as well, and this may be my last night online... as for Internet cafes in Spain, I don't know, I have to check out the nearest large town to me (Torrevieja).. I hope so, I don't want to lose touch with you all, or any part of the Trek web community for that matter

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two words: satellite uplink. Spain doesn't have a large cable or ADSL network infrastructure, and dial-up ISPs aren't exactly in abundance.

[ June 13, 2002, 13:35: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, shucks, that's a shame. I'm gonna miss you and all the neat stuff you post around here. Best of luck to you in Spain, man.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, im going to miss the creativity you provided here. Please, whereever you go, keep modeling and creating. You are a talented Admiral...

[ June 13, 2002, 14:06: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Two words: satellite uplink."

I can't imagine that'll be cheap at all.

See ya Red. Good luck in Spain. You'll need it... [Smile]

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too right he'll need it. The next Flare UK meet will involve a trip to Ibiza. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Godspeed, bloody Commie of an Admiral.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

I certainly ain't no commie, if that what you thought! lol

Anyway, cheers everyone, I'll be back soon I hope.... and you can forget the satellite uplink idea, I'm not that rich! A dial up connection will do just fine, as soon as I get a phone line connected.

In the first bar I visit tommorow afternoon when I land, I'll drink a toast to you all,

until next time.......

--------------------

The ASDB

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we never even got a chance to thank him.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps