Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Captain's Back, Back Again, Tell a Friend (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Captain's Back, Back Again, Tell a Friend
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vanilla Coke tastes excellent for that first two swallows. But it thereafter leaves a funky aftertaste, like a stale doughnut with bite.

It's too sweet, I guess. Jones' cola doesn't suffer from that.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're damn right you misunderstood me, you gunjumping little ingrate, I was referring to T.L.C, the soul/r'n'b-tramps, or does abbreviation mean something else in the land of "What"?.

[ June 19, 2002, 09:33: Message edited by: Nim Pim ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah... Jones has just the right amount of sweet. I had the Vanilla Soda for lunch. It wasn't bad. The vanilla was barely noticeable. It tasted like an oddly flavored cola.

I've got the blue one and the red one left.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did I miss something? What happened to the previous CaptainMike? What's so new about this CaptainMike vs. the Old CaptainMike?

I personally like Vanilla Coke and apparently lot of people do. Everywhere I walk someone has a Vanillia Coke in his/her hand. Must be expensive to buy that much Coke at $20 a bag...

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bag? I've never drunk soda out of a bag before...
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like cheese.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It ain't easy bein' cheesy....

I tried several of the Jones Sodas, didn't like any of them much.... 3 years gone by now....

Faygo creame soda I like....

Vanilla Coke is good, although upsets me tummy after a couple bottles...

Diet Mountain Dew is my usual....

I remember when I drank beer or whiskey as my favorites.... maybe that was the problem with the Jones, since I have quit drinking since then.....

I could, and really should, post more useless information, but I feel that I may be treated like a placenamehere....

[ June 19, 2002, 16:21: Message edited by: Ritten ]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like Jamaican Ginger Beer.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if I ever get to England, you're going to treat me to one, Gen'ral Lee, sir!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I remember when I drank beer or whiskey as my favorites.... maybe that was the problem with the Jones, since I have quit drinking since then.....

Surely you're thirsty by now.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shirley not?!

i like jones soda for the bottles with different art on them.. i have a huge collection, expecially the comic themed ones...

oh, ok Nim. BTW, i hadnt heard that particular TLC joke until now, and I owe you a Coke. Vanilla, of course.

also by the way, since i have been pegged as a leading expert in the history of soda pop (or luiquid candy as i like to call it), here goes... the current craze of flavoring familiar sodas is actually a new face on an old idea from 50s soda fountains where they could have one fountain and mix two syrups to come up with dozens of combos.. although Vanilla Coke isn't being marketed as nostalgia, is a decades old product being brought back.. the same thing happened over ten years ago when Coca-Cola revived the long dead Cherry Coke.

As of two years ago, when Johnny Rockets (a local 50s themed diner) opened, they offered Coca-Cola, Mr. Pibb, Root Beer and Sprite. But any of those sodas could be flavored with Lemon, Cherry, Vanilla or Chocolate syrup. Now, the soda companies are doing the same, offering not only Coke, but Cherry Coke, Vanilla Coke, Lemon Pepsi and Cherry Mountain Dew. Its a cheap old trick that scoring them tons of points selling soda to the public..

as to me, what can I say, jail changed me

[ June 19, 2002, 20:33: Message edited by: The New CaptainMike ]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Fufuberry, developed in a Vancouver-area Industrial Park, remains the reigning holder of the "World's greatest fictional fruit" title.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the snozberries taste like snozberries!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<related point>In Pulp Fiction, John Travolta ordered a vanilla Coke in the '50s-themed restaurant.</related point>
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ah, well, I know Vanilla coke has been around awhile, but usually you can control the amount of syrup you use...I like a dab, because a little dab'll do ya. There's too much in the mass market edition. ?

Maybe I need a sissy version: Vanilla Coke, with almost no Vanilla. Dab O' V. cola.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps