Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Er ... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Er ...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Baltimore get nuked.

Ew.

There it is, the familiar downtown of the city ... all blown up.

I don't think I'll ever look at the Inner Harbor the same way again.

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ppppphhhfffttt! I've seen all of Manhattan's nuclear powerplants go into simeltaneus melt down and wreak unspeakable wrath upon the city. (in Sim City 2000)

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything got nuked in Terminator 2.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It isn't about everything being nuked, you silly silly children.

It's about seeing in graphic detail the destruction of a city I live just outside of, and have lived around and about since I was but a wee-babe.

[Roll Eyes]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we never see Toronto get nuked.... Wheeee!!!

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but have you seen fire and have you seen rain? And so on? Have you sung along? Don't wait for the translation, answer me now!
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a song quote strung together with a Star Trek quote?

Sol System.. I'm happy to inform you that you have received the powerup and are the winner to proceed to the next round with a million point bonus. I am heartily amused.*

*(i dont say that with the same excess of Flair that UM does, but i hope you recognize my compliments without the use of 1337 or the FONT SIZE tag).

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not a Trek quote, numf. It's what Adlai Stevenson said to Valerian Zorin in the UN Security Council during the Cuban Missile Crisis, when he sacked Zorin with the U-2 photos.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adlai Stevenson == silly man w/ a silly name.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

One could say the same of you, TSN!

Watch Thirteen Days.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Thirteen Days. A very good movie that did not get the recognition and audiences it deserved. And it was one of Kevin Costner's GOOD films!

--------------------
Meh

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adlai Stevenson went to my high school!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That explains a hell of a lot.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but do we love the quotes in our hearts because of the Cuban Missile Crisis, or is the special thrill we get imagining someone saying it because of the image in our heads of Christopher Plummer screaming it while wearing a foam rubber head and gesticulating wildly.. I think I know the answer for me anyway.

And, yeah, I know where it came from.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I rather enjoyed when Stevenson took to heart the order of "Stick it to 'im, Adlai." Not bad for a man who once ran for president with the second silliest campaign slogan in the US.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps