Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Something I really hate

Author Topic: Something I really hate
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People who scan my systems for exploits. Grr! I run four domains and there are a lot of dickheads (and sometimes people infected with dickhead-trojans and such) who scan me trying to gain access. Granted, these are always people trying to get in via IIS bugs and common permission mistakes people make when settings things up (cgi-bin, htaccess, logs, etc) which I don't use. I use Apache as my web servers on both Windows and Linux, and all these scans are futile...but it's just annoying looking through my logs since they're filled with line after line of these scans. If it were as simple as blocking the addresses I'd do it, but since there are who knows how many IIS servers with that stupid virus-like thing, that wouldn't do much good. I want to break things. And set them on fire. This gives me a bit of a headache. :-\

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Script kiddies of the world unite! And kindly step off a cliff together.

God I hate those people. There should be a service that tracks down malicious script kiddies and beat them up for a small fee.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I wrote something that sort of does that, but not really. I made a c script (stole the idea) that resolves the IP of the damn Nimbda IIS probes I get and mails the host with the portion of the log. Too bad it's all I can really do.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps