Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » To anyone running their own semi-worthwhile site... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: To anyone running their own semi-worthwhile site...
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had to deal with this kind of thing a few times. In all cases, simply sending the webmaster of the offending site a firm yet friendly email has done the trick. Since I'm no lawyer, my emails don't sound as lawyerly as yours did, but maybe yours will be scarier. Make sure to check the site regularly to confirm they have made the requested changes or have not backslid.

PS: I actually the thief's logo better than yours. Yours looks like a pair of jet and ivory earings on a witches hat. Sorry

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, after modifying legal code, one learns bureaucratese. And I trying to find a usable picture of justics, but I settled on the scales. I always though logos should be simple.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
...or that everything in any way related to Star Trek is owned by Paramount.

Er, isn't it?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Bernd:
...or that everything in any way related to Star Trek is owned by Paramount.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Er, isn't it?

I would sue the hell out of them if they dared to use any of my own designs or suggestions - but wait, isn't that exactly what I always wanted? [Confused]

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, in the same way that they sue you for messing around with all their copyrighted stuff?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three years ago a Geocities site came to light which had plagiarised material from myself, Bernd, and Chris Howell (The Great Link). I've been reviewing my email archives to see what happened, which was largely nothing. The guy concerned, one Jason Dawson, flatly refused to remove the material, citing some apparent threats and name-calling. Then someone sent him a letter from a fake attorney which he spotted, which totally weakened our case. The site isn't therre anymore.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps