Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Harry Potter

Author Topic: Harry Potter
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so Liam asked me in another thread:

quote:

What do you mean Kosh, by "way too kidy"? If you mean it didn't have blood and angst and swearing and poinltess violence, then yes, the books are "too kidy". Stories don't actually have to have that stuff though to be good.

What I meant by to kidy was that, was there enough of a story to hold the interest of an adult. Doesn't have to have blood angst, swearing or violence, just keep me interested. Have some depth, a little mystery.

Star wars is kidy for the most part, with the death of Darth Maul being an exception.

Bugs Bunny is a kid thing, but still makes me laugh after all these years. (One bulwit weft)

A lot of people here at the office like the books, but most liked the movie also. I thought it was a little to lite for adults, with some interesting bits.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Beats Kosh with a wet towel*

How many did you read, Kosh? All four? Or just the first one?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the fact that many people in your office read and liked them (as well as a lot of people here) shows that they obviously can hold the attention of an adult.

But, again, what do you mean by "adult"? I dislike the idea that at an arbitary age, you are suddenly to "old" for something. You like what you like. They are hardly the biggest books in the world. Read them and find out.

The second is possibly the worst though. It's not bad in any real sense, but it's similar to the first in overall structure. The third one is the best.

By Star Wars, do you mean just episode 1, or the whole thing? I can't really see the death of Maul as being the most "adult" thing of all 5 films.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps