Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Mr. Lucas has gained rights to 23 acres of Presidio for entertainment digital center

Author Topic: Mr. Lucas has gained rights to 23 acres of Presidio for entertainment digital center
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need I say more?
IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bastard! He'll pay for this I tell you, pay!

Er, what?

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...I don't get it. What's Presidio?

------------------
"O Notre-Dame!
Oh! Laisse-moi rien qu'une fois
Pousser la porte du jardin d'Esmeralda"
--"Belle", Notre Dame de Paris

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it that nice part of San Fransisco?

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it was part of a military base.

Oh well. At least it got sold.

Though I really prefered the other plan that had 700 or so more housing units.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Military Base... Some of it was a resevoir, too, wasn't it?

------------------
If I follow you home, will you keep me?

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Presidio in San Francisco is a military base that was one of a system of instalations that guarded the mouth of the Bay. Over time it became more of museum area where some senior staff lived, and as part of the Golden Gate bridge area, one had to go through the Presidio to get to the only masonry fort from the anti-bellum area extent. Think of Fort Sumpter in the mouth of the San Fransisco Bay, and not leveled by years of cannonade.

However, Willie Brown had the idea to turn at least part of the area into a shelter for the Bay Area homeless. Needless to say, many residents of San Franciso along did many veterns' groups, reacted quite strongly in oposition to this plan.

------------------
That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!
~Homer Simpson

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, gee, can't give anything to those homeless bums while there are veterans to be served! *gets a squeegee to clean the sarcasm off the walls*

------------------
"Silence, you contemptible shrew!"
-Stewie, The Family Guy

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veterans have done a lot more for society than homeless bums.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever stop to think what percentage of the homeless are also veterns? Hmmm.

------------------
That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!
~Homer Simpson

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To add a Star Trek link to this, the Starfleet HQ/Academy complex is located on this site. Will be, anyway.

------------------
"According to myth, the earth was created in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Genesis. We'll do it for you in six minutes."
--
Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In San Francisco, there is a definite class and political structure.

The Wealthy-Mayor Willie Brown and his Cronies
The Very Poor-Homeless

Everyone falls in between with the middle class being starved by a high standard of living. The Homeless have no rights in San Francisco and are pushed out of view by the police when visiting dignitaries (presidents, prime ministers, governors, etc.) come.

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*psycho-click light bulb* That's it! George Lucas is destined to build Star Trek's future!

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's pure irony for ya... :-)

------------------
"If you hear only one song this year, there's something terribly wrong with you."
-They Might Be Giants, "Critic Intro"

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard on the radio the official "mission statement" issued by Lucas.

Want to talk about corporate buzzwords and fuzzy, feel-good double-talk? I kept waiting for the English translation. Still waiting.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps