Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Persephone-to-be? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Persephone-to-be?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to admit, though, it'd be pretty funny if they named a pair of celestial objects "Sodom" and "Gomorrah"...
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You have to admit, though, it'd be pretty funny if they named a pair of celestial objects "Sodom" and "Gomorrah"...

Not if they were heading straight for the Earth. It would be ironic but not funny.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
wouldn't the "preferred mnemetic" be the one that works for you?
It should have been. Highlighting yet another failure of the educational system in Texas, we had to learn the phrase they wanted us to learn, not make one up ourselves.

I believe they thought children were incapable of making phrases up themselves.

That's not all. We as second-graders had to learn a mnemetic phrase for all the State stuff of Texas, like state bird, state gem, state flower, and so on. If there is any information on planet earth that is more worthless than that, I have yet to find it.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohio's official state rock song is Hang on Sloopy. why does everything in this damn country have to be so banal?
IP: Logged
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
ohio's official state rock song is Hang on Sloopy.

That's very funny [Big Grin] [Wink] .

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing some pretty worthless people in Ohio, it is very fitting....
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half of the people I interact with online are from Ohio, a fact that has often disturbed me.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh.
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should have taught you a mnemonic device to remember the word "mnemonic"...
Member # 480

hukked on fonix werked fer me.

Elitist.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

In any case, I hope that's what they go for - that, or Bob

I aways liked Bob. In my brief foray into computer games, I played one where you tried to take over the universe, and had to pick a name for yourself, as emporor. Mine was always Bob. I wasted a lot of time on that game, and never became emporor, alas.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps