Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Directory (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Directory
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ninth, Eighth, what the fuck are you talking about?
IP: Logged
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he's commenting on the fact that the directory shows that he is tenth in the list of most frequent posters.

a big 'what the fuck' isnt necessary if you pay attention to what people are talking aboot...

btw, welcome back UM. i think i might have missed you. a little. or not.

oh, and i'm 12th. with 13 months here under my belt. im not sure if thats impressive or sad.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the deal with "Member of the Moment"?

Mike, I've been here just over two years. I've got the second highest amount of posts, and TSN is only leading me by 400 posts or something. Given how long he's been a member verses how long I've been a member, it's only time before I eclipse him [Big Grin]

As I figure it, he's been here about three and a half years, which gives him an average of 2686 posts or so per year. I have been here two years and two months, giving me an average of 4142 posts per year. My math may be off a bit.

I just hope that people don't start looking at the Directory at the same way people look at the post listings on the TrekBBS.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its been a long moment for Jonas. i'm assuming that CC is going to make it shift randomly with the next update. or maybe he's waiting for bribes.

wow.. im getting to be an old man of the forum.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, as has been said, a poster who hasn't posted in two years is in the number seventeen spot. And another poster who left a few months ago is still in the top twenty. This just goes to show that the majority of the posts here are a running group therapy session for about a couple dozen regular people.

Also, no one has explained who Zathras is other than it has something to do with Babylon 5.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, there are something like nine Zathrases (I forget the exact number). Slight differences in pronunciation.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by O Captain Mike Captain:
he's commenting on the fact that the directory shows that he is tenth in the list of most frequent posters.

a big 'what the fuck' isnt necessary if you pay attention to what people are talking aboot....

sorry, i thought he was commenting on what i had said just above his post. and i say "what the fuck" all the time in real life, so i don't see why i shouldn't here.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because in most contexts it screams "Foulmouth kid with a chip on his shoulder" to everyone present, like the one above. That's what Captain Mike was polite enough not to spell out. He nice.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, here's the story: Way back in time, at The Dawn of Flare, it was a new age. Men were Men, Women were Tora and Jubes, and Tim was Tim. Posters could spell and punctuate. We didn't have any right-wing nuts, Christian or otherwise. It was a lot easier to create extra IDs then, and a few extra ones got created. One was Vorlon Speak, created by Adam H, an ID only ever posted to say either "Yes" or "Never ask that question!" in response to some question put forward by someone else. Another was created by me, Zathras, usually to say something like "Zathras warn, but no-one listen to Zathras" - in effect, "I told you so." We got tired of such jokes and the IDs faded into obscurity.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound like the proverbial scientist that explains to the group (trapped in a broken elevator shaft) how the current catastrophe came to be.

"You must understand! We never saw it coming back then! We thought we were doing the right thing!! So what if we played God! *sob*"
[Smile]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I think. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Commodore TSN
Member # 11

- posted      Profile for Commodore TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right! Stop that! It's silly.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silly man.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But then they didn't get purged during the great flare purgings of the early 21st century....
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nimpim:
Because in most contexts it screams "Foulmouth kid with a chip on his shoulder" to everyone present, like the one above. That's what Captain Mike was polite enough not to spell out. He nice.

i'm certainly foulmouthed, and i do have a chip on my shoulder, but i'm not foulchipped with a mouth on my shoulder. [Wink] afterall, if i had a mouth on my shoulder, Data would stab me with a knife in the turboshaft, thinking i was covered in transphasic crickets.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps