Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to The Flameboard.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bali Bomb Blast (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bali Bomb Blast
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tahna Los:
Some Japs still hate the Americans, First.

You are never again allowed to make fun of Bush using the term "Pakis".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:

A Briton, astoundingly enough, is a person from Britain. "Britain" being a shortened form of "Great Britain", that being a large island on which are located England, Scotland, and Wales.

Although technically right, "Briton" does usually include someone from Northern Ireland as well. Yes, I know that technically the name is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland", but in 99% of cases, Great Britain and the UK are interchangable terms.

This doesn't stop you from being a bit silly for not being able to figure the term out Andy-boy. I want an essay on sillyness on my desk first thing tomorrow. And one on postscript writing too.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
funny, where i grew up 'Paki' is what we called the liquor store.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"...and at least 10 "Britons" - it had on Sky News - that's English or UK people?"

A Briton, astoundingly enough, is a person from Britain. "Britain" being a shortened form of "Great Britain", that being a large island on which are located England, Scotland, and Wales.

Yeah thanks for that pound of sarcasm TSN. Sheesh. I fucking knew you're patronising definition. Traditionally Britons were a Celtic people living in roughly the area now known as England. Of course they didn't mean them - but I though they could have still ment solely 'English' and not necessarily any others from Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man, Jersy, Guernsey etc. etc.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FO2, I suggest you do some research and look at the living standards of Iraqi's before America began its glorious & righteous war. They were actually quite good. Though I'm sure you'll find some source or the other that says otherwise.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, poisonous gas falling from the sky is freaking great living condition.
IP: Logged
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And an arguably better one than clouds of radioactive dust falling from said sky.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by O Captain Mike Captain:
funny, where i grew up 'Paki' is what we called the liquor store.

Out of a sense of curiousity and dread, were they mainly staffed by people of Indian or Pakistani decent?

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nope. none of them in the woods. 'packy' was short for 'package store'
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Gotcha.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps