Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Goodbye Wellstone, Harris (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Goodbye Wellstone, Harris
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two very good people died today. Democratic Senator Paul Wellstone of Minnesota died when his plane crashed in his home state. 7 others died with him. He was against the war with Iraq.

Also, 72-year old actor Richard Harris ("Harry Potter") died today. He had been very ill in the past few months. I guess they'll have to find a new Dumbledore.

--------------------
Meh

Yamashiro Den
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll miss harris, but not wellstone. shame about his family, though.
IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, aren't we chipper and non-partisan.

Two great losses. Wellstone, for courageously fighting for what he and many others believed in. And Harris, for being a bad motherfucker.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Yamashiro Den
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wellstone was an idiot, but a persistant idiot. and when did i ever claim to be non-partisan?
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harris ... [Frown]

I knew he was sick, but man, this sucks ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, yeah, 7 others died with him.....

Now that is what we call desensitized alright....

dang, and they ruined a perfectly good plane too...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Trimm
Member # 865

- posted      Profile for Trimm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may not have agreeed with Wellstone, but it still damn tragic what happened to him.

Harris had been sick for awhile now, guy hung on for quite awhile.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Ritten--Would you have preferred I left out the sentence "7 others died with him?" And let people scream "Didn't you know he wasn't the only one on that plane, etc. etc."

--------------------
Meh

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am indifferent on it really, death becomes everyone eventually.... I was cross threading there, for newark....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Oh. Sorry.

--------------------
Meh

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

No problem, I am desensitized to it all....
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harris was a damn fine actor. He's more than made his mark in his time. Gonna be rough for his understudy to fill his shoes in the HP movies, I'd expect.

From what I can find out about the man, Wellstone was a man who voted by his principles, not by his polls.

Therefore, even though I may strongly disagree with his politics, I can respect him for his integrity.

For the conspiracy theorists: Did you notice that the Dow, which was stalled at around +20 early in the day, started to rise just after Wellstone's death and closed +126?

I wonder what Minn. ballot law says on replacing a candidate at this point before the election...
Not the way I'd want to retake the Senate, but I'll settle for it.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From CNN, secondhand: "Under Minnesota law, if a nominee in a Senate race dies during a campaign, his or her political party can select a replacement candidate no later than four days before the general election."
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not the way I'd want to retake the Senate, but I'll settle for it.

I imagine many feel the same.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks as though they're going to try and tap ol' Walter Mondale to run for him.

Mondale.
*snork*

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps