Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » You've seen the Time Cube...

Author Topic: You've seen the Time Cube...
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Here comes the Flat Earth Society!

I was using an old 486 computer in my brother's room when I opened the computer desk drawer and noticed a letter to my brother from a "Flat Earth Research Society". Inside (okay, so I was a bit curious) there was a membership form and explanations on what the society is. Read it for yourself: The International Flat Earth Society. The form show in the article is the same as the one I saw in the desk drawer.

Here are some more related links:

The Flat-Out Truth

A summary of Flat Earth "theory" if you don't want to read the entire thing

A parody of Flat Earth Society--Read the Flat Earth FAQ under "Platygean Information"

------------------
"Il est venu le temps des cath�drales
Le monde est entr�
Dans un nouveau millenaire.
L'homme a voulu monter vers les �toiles
�crire son histoire
Dans le verre ou dans la pierre."
--"Le Temps des Cath�drales", Notre Dame de Paris

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Scary Thing is that I've actually seen this before.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is 2D.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever had the compulsion to go find a certain person and just beat them repeatedly w/ a painful, but not life-threatening device? I'm having that compulsion right now, after reading some of that... :-)

------------------
"If you hear only one song this year, there's something terribly wrong with you."
-They Might Be Giants, "Critic Intro"

[This message was edited by TSN on June 20, 1999.]

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine had some Flat Earth literature back in 1981. Crazy then, crazier now.

Still, I appreciated the "Rozencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" reference.

About ten years ago, I found in my local library an old book just jam-packed with Hollow Earth and UFO theories. Most of the Hollow Earth stuff was many quotes from different believers' books....all quoting the same few sources!! (If you repeat something stupid a hundred times, it's still stupid, guys!)

Astrology phone-lines, high-priced feng-shui consultants, magnetic-healing, the Flat Earth... We live in an age of the greatest scientific technology in all of human history, and some of the worst scientific gullability.

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will have to say that that is the most interesting thing I've seen today (Other than that of a bunch of sheep.) I may look into it some more.

------------------
Lancelot: I'll go
Bridgekeeper: Stop! Whosoever crosses this bridge must answer me these questions three, e're the other side he see.
Lancelot: Ask the questions bridgekeeper
Bridgekeeper: What is your name.
Lancelot: I am Lancelot of Camelot.
Bridgekeeper: What is your quest
Lancelot: I seek the holy grail.
Bridgekeeper: What is your favourite colour?
Lancelot: Blue.
Bridgekeeper: Right! Off you go.
Lancelot: Oh, thank you.

(If you don't know, Electric Co.)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead reference? I've only ever read the very beginning of that. I seem to recall something about one of them saying that someplace didn't exist, and the other suggested it was a "conspiracy of cartographers"... :-)

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I thought Earth was rolled up like a tube and we lived on the inside.

------------------
"Meesa love yousa long time."

Jar Jar Binks, Vietnam, 1967.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps