Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Snow, the weather, and Saint John's film career

Author Topic: Snow, the weather, and Saint John's film career
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would cause me to post such a thread as this you may wonder? Well, gather 'round and I'll tell.

The first snowfall of the year in my neck of the woods strangely coincided with the first of the month. That snow didn't stay too long. However, Wednesday night, we got dumped with 20 cm of snow, most of which is still here. Mind you it's fairly warm out right now so the snow is melting. The traditional NB weather is finally coming back. The past few years we've been enjoying autumn-like weather up to and sometimes including Christmas. I for one will be glad to have lots of snow at Christmas time again. [Smile]

This week, crews were in town filming UK's The Mole. Some of the challenges were jumping off the Reversing Falls train bridge (which caused havoc trying to get around the city) and some kind of shopping thing out at the SuperStore on Rothesay Avenue. Also, they're saying on the radio that Spielberg is looking into filming Jurassic Park IV in Saint John. Craziness, I tell you.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the love of [insert preferred deity], not another JP!

Anyway, rain's the only thing likely to fall from the local (and currently drab grey) sky this Christmas. Twenty centimeters of snow, sjeez...

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not now John, we gotta get on with show...

PF

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Not many people quote post-Pink-Floyd Roger Waters lyrics...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, not often, which is too bad....

Which is a shame really.... Especially with all the really strange stuff these days...

We had a dusting of snow, but the rains have melted it away....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope your town of Saint John isn't pronounced "sinjin", I hate that. How the hell could such an idea arise ITFP? (yay, new abbreviation!)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a British thing. Like Wo(rce)ster and Le(ice)ster and Glo(uce)ster. And, I guess, anything else ending in "cester". They've got odd ideas about place names.

If it makes you feel better, there's a suburb of St. Louis called St. John. And it really is "Saint John", not "S(ai)n(t) J(oh)n".

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's pronounced like it's spelt. Not to be confused with St. John's, the capital of Newfoundland.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps