Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » If I haven't said this enough... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If I haven't said this enough...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I LOVE my laptop... it's changed my WORLD!!!!"

Now she can dance around naked and browse the Internet at the same time!

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy a clone.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Compaq laptops seem to be hit-or-miss. Half of my friends swear by 'em; half of my friends swear at 'em. My experience has only been with desktops, and those experiences weren't great.

I use a laptop, too. Both of mine so far have been Gateways, and they've worked really well for me. The only thing that I don't like is not being about to pop her open and fiddle with her luscious innards.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One would have thought, where anything female is concerned, you'd be used to such disappointment by now. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Compaq laptops == severely overpriced*, severely underpowered.
Compaq desktops == overpriced*, underpowered.
Compaq servers == bootylicious, exquisite, suckulent, tasty. But still comparitively expensive.

* Most of which due to Compaq's a-typical service/support policies.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But what about the sexy Compaq Tablet?
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My parents, who insist on buying nothing but Compaq products, have now purchased something like 4 PCs, and have had problems with every one. Their reasoning for the loyalty? "All computers have these problems, but at least Compaq fixes them right away!"

My parents also bought a Dodge Caravan for the business earlier in the year, and they have the same reasoning for that "Sure, it's in the shop again-- but it's under warrenty, so it's okay!"

Oy. [Roll Eyes]

My laptop, BTW, is a Dell... and while I won't say that it's the perfect machine or that it's never given me problems, I've had better luck with it than my other friends have had with their notebooks (sadly, most were Compaq), though I HAVE had to call tech support, and I just want to say that as a rule, I have NOT been impressed with it. Pleh.

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our recent purchase of a Mac ibook is probally the 7th laptop that I've used as a primary or secondary computer. Thus far it has been the least trouble of any of them, especially in regards to drivers, power management, and returning from sleep/hibernate. I find it to be a good compromise in the size vs. utility trade-off as well. Mac OS X is different but very functional IMHO.

The others have all been various versions of MS OS's and various hardware makers (HP, Compaq, IBM, Dell).

I have a laptop (can't remember who made it) which I'm going to make into a linux plaything - so we'll see how that goes.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an ancient dell lappy with a 233mhx processor running win 98 that I love almost as much as my girlfriend...actually, probably more now I have ADSL. You can throw the thing about and it refuses to break....Its the computer equivalent of those ancient gold coloured c reg VW golfs you see all over the place..(old but still going old cars for you yanks)I wouldn't buy anything that wasn't Dell, unless it was a second hand total bargin.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:
Its the computer equivalent of those ancient gold coloured c reg VW golfs you see all over the place..(old but still going old cars for you yanks)I wouldn't buy anything that wasn't Dell, unless it was a second hand total bargin.

Gold coloured E reg Golf. London to Liverpool. Half way here one of the water pipes got a pinhole. Engine got hot. Steam. Scary! I arrived at Liverpool at roughly 3 in the morning.

If only my car had been two years older, I would have been laughing at everyone!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
i don't have a modem, but if i did it's warranty would be voided both by the excessively high PCI bus that i run at (i chose to not use the locked PCI multiplier function of my mobo, as it cut down on my overclocking overhead) and the PCI voltage mod i did to my motherboard to increase stability at said excessively high PCI bus speeds.

I bet the ladies can't keep their hands off of you.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my warranty is probably voided by the numerous stickers and paint utilized on my workstation.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh and the fact i don't have a warranty, too.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps