Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Disturbing dream

Author Topic: Disturbing dream
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just remembered a disturbing dream I had last night... That The Space Shuttle Endeavour blew up on take-off!! NO!

But then I think I should put it down to getting off the net not before going to bed - where there was discussion of the Challenger Class and the U.S.S. Endeavour. Hmm. Funny things... brains.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Scary! I didn't even know it was due for launch!!

OK, can someone tell me it's crew - I can remember some details - but I'm not saying anything for the moments.

Oh and the LEONIDS are BACK!! Even though I'm in the Southern Hemisphere - the last 3 years I have gone out side to see them. Even though there were a few streaks here and there usually - they were bloody spectacular!

Andrew

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dream where I was watching Solaris, only the first half hour starred Tom Cruise and it was gory and suspenseful.
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just diagnosed with mono, and the Dr. is treating it as aggressively as possible, so I'm on a lot of drugs.... long story short, I'm having some TRIPPY dreams that are totally meshing with my reality..... I know it's got to be the drugs, but for instance, I had a dream that there were green rubber snakes on my celing above the couch I was sleeping on, and the snakes kept coming down to eat me... I knew they were rubber, but they scared me no less... THEN, my phone rang, and wide awake, I answered it, and I still saw the snakes... they were still there, even while talking to my friend... creepy...... I have to say, the side effects from these drugs are WAY worse than the illness itself :-P

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

What is 'mono' again? Make sure your stereo plug is all the way in! [Wink]

In reguards to the dream - look what I saw TSN had unwittingly posted in a completely unrelated thread!!

quote:

TSN
Fun-Loving �∞
Member # 31

posted November 18, 2002 21:23
I don't predict a 100% success rate in that endeavor...

OK - I'm just having fun with that one...

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Unwittingly?

Mononucleosis. More commonly known as the kissing disease that kissers get, because they are always behind the bleachers kissing.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except there's been no kissing in my world for a LONG time.... I've had mono though for about 6 weeks, it looks like... untreated, of course- the last Dr. told me I was imagining things and to suck on a cough drop as I sat in her office hardly able to sit up because I was feeling so sick... I don't go to her anymore.

Don't know where or who I got it from- I haven't known anyone with Mono in YEARS... however, with the amount of work I've been doing, and the way I've been running myself into the ground, I'm not too surprised that I managed to get something icky.

I need to go now though.... I'm feeling rather sad and lonely, so I think I'll go cuddle up with my blanky.... [Frown]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did you think it was Solaris if it had Tom Cruise in it?

I dreamed about Highlander: Endgame before it came out. I don't know why. My dream was much better than the movie, though, and it made much more sense.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dreams have been really odd as of late. Some of them are benign, like the ones inspired by watching too much Star Trek or Zoids, but others range from downright weird to "What the hell is going on!?"

I get the oddest feeling from some of my freakier dreams that something very bad is waiting for me in the near future.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I don't get all 'forboding dreams' on the contrary - I have GREAT fun in my dreams.

Can't beat the effects in a dream

I've been on TNG, DS9, Buffy, Angel, in the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Stargate!!

Mostly Harry and Stargate lately.

Good stuff!

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a very odd dream last night. It involved James Bond, the cast of a popular British soap and the shuttlebay of an Intrepid class ship. And some weird thing with clouds exploding, I haven't worked out what that was about yet. Cool though.

[Confused]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Can't beat the effects in a dream"

Try a mixture of LSD and alcohol.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

So LSD and alcohol allow you to fly a shuttle from DS9 out and under the bellies of two Vor'cha class Klingon Battle-cruisers (can still picture it - they were hanging there like massive predatory birds ready to strike).

Andrew

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

quote:
Why did you think it was Solaris if it had Tom Cruise in it?
In the dream, these early events with Cruise were the reason why they sent Clooney's character.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps