Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I hope she lives through this (L&O Spoilers: Open Season) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I hope she lives through this (L&O Spoilers: Open Season)
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought there was one before him. i could be wrong. regardless, i like Adam the best.
IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And then they turned all Goldeneye on us with the lady.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam Schiff was not the original DA. The DA in the pilot was a rather "conservative Republican" George Will-looking fellow. Steven Hill as Adam Schiff showed up in the 1st production episode.

Interesting note: When I was working for the Lew Wallace campaign back in CT, House Democrats sent us a guy to help run our campaign as they did with all the targeted races. The guy they sent us was some hotshot who'd been in California for the past 10 years doing the big races, & he had a bunch of campaign lit with him from them.

As I looked through the piece of lit, I came across one that had a picture of a guy in his early-to-mid 40s with his family that said "ADAM SCHIFF FOR SHERIFF." I held it up & said, "You gotta be kidding me, right?" Turns out Adam Schiff is a real guy & a close personal friend of Dick Wolf, the creator of L&O. When the DA post was being rewritten, he used his friend's name & the rest is history.

As for "sidechicks," NO ONE will EVER compare to hot-as-fuck Jill Hennessey. Never mind that the character she's playing on "Crossing Jordan" now is for all intents & purposes her. Never mind that she's fluent in Italian (& married to one)...but she's got an identical twin sister, Jacqueline. Check out the Jeremy Irons movie "Dead Ringers" for Jill & Jacque as identical twin hookers. She also came in handy for that first L&O/Homicide crossover. Jill was needed in NYC for a scene at the same time they were doing one in Baltimore. Since the NYC shot had lines, she did that one & Jacque sat in for her in the background in Baltimore.

Finally, L&O: CI is pretty fucking cool. Vincent D'Onofrio=teh r0xx0rz!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i think it's cool has NYC has such a large supply of hot as all get out assistant DAs. makes me want to commit a crime there.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's much the same as all CSI units having total babes working in the crime labs.

I would kill to work there, except that they would catch me.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

they made a huge error at the end of CSI tonight. apparently, apparently HIV viruses are now made of cells. hmmmmmmm.
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the CSI shows fuck a lot of stuff up, on top of making the crime scene investigators seem like rock stars.

They've often made some almost superhuman leaps of logic on CSI. Nobody is that good! (At least not within the typical one week investigation period that the show covers.)

Also, most real CSI people are fat. Food is their only vice, you know?

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i'm sorry, but William Petersen is that good.
Member # 480

Bill is a special case.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

ok, then. CSI: Miami is significantly less wowsers, but hopefully the fact that Kim Decan'tfuckingact is leaving the show will let it get better.
Member # 480

I watched CSI: Miami once or twice, and then dropped it.

They've screwed up by having a spin-off so quickly. Over-saturation, man.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

yeah, i defintely agree. CSI would have been ready for a spinoff in 3 or 4 years, but not now. though, of course, CSI is the only CBS show with good ratings (well, fucking fantastically great ratings, in this case) so they had to do something.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
i think it's cool has NYC has such a large supply of hot as all get out assistant DAs. makes me want to commit a crime there.

Defense Attourney of the week: And we wouldn't even be speaking to the DA's office if it wasn't for the appearance of the lovely Ms. (Assistant DA of the year).

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban: When CBS originally started out with their pilot "Everybody's Favourite Bagman", the DA was Alfred Wentworth. When NBC picked up L&O, that's when Schiff comes in.

I don't know why Dianne Wiest left the show, but in the series, it was mentioned that D.A. Lewin was only considered interim after the retirement of Adam Schiff. As for Lewin herself, it was mentioned that she ran for term as D.A. and was defeated by Arthur Branch, a right-winger who was elected as a response to 9/11. I kinda like the guy though. Lotta wit like Schiff. Not like what Lewin had.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps