Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Merry Christmas! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Merry Christmas!
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so we spoil new Trek episodes for foreigners, and foreigners spoil what the date will be tomorrow.. fair enough

we had a massive storm.. my family was out visiting and i was home alone, playing with the new toys.. and we have had almost a foot of snow here, otherwise id be out at the special club fetish night at club hell. there was even a few lightning strikes with thunder, which puzzles me. but then again, today had cloudy, windy, not windy, sunny, rain, sleet, hail, freezing rain, and snow, so there were only a few types of weather we missed out on. it kinda reminded me of Rura Penthe in ST:VI.. but thats because I'm wierd... when i was switching my printers, the Lexmark was on the chair next to me and the Epson was on the edge of the bed and i looked at them for a sec and swore i was sitting with two Medusan ambassadors. I'm wierd.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Christmas, Lee and KAte, and all at Flare!!

quote:

there was even a few lightning strikes with thunder

Heard something about this recently. It can happen under very spicific conditions, although they didn't say what the conditions were.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus say Howdy to Joe!!

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, the things I missed when I went to spend Christmas in San Francisco.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a little late. But Merry Christmas. X-mas day was pretty nice here in P.A. Sask. Sunny, six below, perfect if you like winter. Which I don't! Mwuhaha! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy late Chewbacca or whatever it is you all celebrate.

Cold and rainy here in Sequim, WA. There's apparently a hell of a windstorm going on, but we're in the rainshadow and it hasn't been too bad (I was even able to get some nice shots of the Olympics through the new camera when there was a break in the clouds this afternoon)...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You live in Sequim? Huh. Not a town you hear mentioned all that often.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or ever in my life.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was snow on Christmas here... Mind you it started at 1700. Then continued until about 1200 Boxing day... Lots o' snow now.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had the same weather TSN did. Except in ILL the snow didn't really hit until noon Christmas Eve.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pft. You're just trying to bask in his reflected glory by having the same weather. It's sooooo transparent.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"his reflected glory"

?

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simon: I've run into a surprising number of people who have actually heard of Sequim, however, I do not live there. My grandparents live there and as they are getting on in age our family now visits them every Xmas. It was cold and drizzly there when I left. But there wasn't much wind. How much of this storm did you get down in Ellensburg? We didn't get that far east on our drive back.

So, I'm back in the SF Bay area now. It's partly cloudy with magnificent and warm sun. I've really missed that thing.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Why would you want warm sun at Christmas? It's crazy.

--------------------

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Pft. You're just trying to bask in his reflected glory by having the same weather. It's sooooo transparent.

Oooohhh...yes. I am soooo jealous of his manlyhood and his...Timness. I just gotta compete. [Razz]

Anyway, snow is gone now. [Razz]

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps