Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Things not to do before bed: eat a cookie, code HTML, and read IRC quotes.

Author Topic: Things not to do before bed: eat a cookie, code HTML, and read IRC quotes.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you do what I did last night (which is what I've described in the subject), then you're going to have a seriously screwed up dream.

Apparently, I was pissed off at my roommate that he dared change the channel on the television while I was watching Nemesis. He apologized later by giving me a bootleg copy of it. That was pretty messed up right there; I want fun things in my dreams -- not roommate conflicts.

However, my subconscious mind completely screwed up Nemesis. First of all, I think it decided that Nemesis would benefit from being altered with things from a couple other sci-fi movies. That would have been interesting had it been like 2001 or something likewise that was really good. Instead, I get Nemesis after it's been crossed with Wing Commander and Starship Troopers.

Ugh. I really hope that my dream doesn't become Star Trek XI.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm. The enterprise getting shot at by very ugly starfighters and giant bad looking CG Kilrathi, and seeing star trek guys get torn into little bloody chunks by giant scary bugs. (That movie started my bug-phobia, That and The Fly)

Yeah, that's pretty messed.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a scene of hundreds of dead fighter pilots just floating in the vacuum of space between the Enterprise and the Romulanized Roger Young. A bit later, there was a scene of Michael Ironsides being eaten by a Klingon cockroach and Picard trying to pull him out of the roach's mouth and into the hover Jeep.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kickass! they really oughta make more movies with more blood and more guts and more gore and more bugs and more glory! and more sex too!
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being sucked out in the void must be one of the most agonizing, anxiety-inducing deaths ever, knowing you'll float around there forever.

Trek has pretty much left out that whole horror-bit altogether. When ships destruct, everything just vaporizes nice, neat and bloodfree.

The Dominion arc changed that a bit, for instance when Bashir wanted to scan the cardassian wreckages for survivors but wasn't allowed to.

I can only remember three movies where vaccum-death has been used; Total Recall, Event Horizon and Mission To Mars. I'd say Event Horizon was the most realistic.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhh I've had some Trek dreams - as a few of you here have probably heard me tell before. They were quite awesome - the ones I could remember. GREAT effects. I remember being in a shuttlecraft leaving Deep Space Nine and coming up underneath a Vorcha Class Klingon cruiser - the detail was spectacular and scary and it was SOOOO big - coming up under it's "nose".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
First of all, I think it decided that Nemesis would benefit from being altered with things from a couple other sci-fi movies. That would have been interesting had it been like 2001 or something likewise that was really good.

V'Ger is the bestest thing ever!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps