Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Models (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Models
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess plastic fumes could do that to a man.. ;-)
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why in the world did you take the roof off the Bronco? Or could those do that...?

By the way, what scale are all your cars in? 1/43? 1/18?

And I suggest working on the Olds 442. It'd be fitting to finish it now instead of later.

I'm still debating what model to buy next (once I get any money). I'm considering the Original-Teile Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR, a Team Oreca PlayStation Chrysler Viper GTS-R, the Team Oreca PlayStation 2 Dallara-Judd LMP, a Toyota GT-One, an Aston Martin DB7 Vantage (British Racing Green, of course), or an VitaPhone Opel Astra V8 Coupe from the DTM.

Now, if only someone made a 1/18th scale Team Abt Red Bull/PlayStation 2 Audi TT-R, I'd be happy, because I'd have the DTM trifecta.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Broncos had removable tops, yes. And my models are in 1:24/1:25 scale.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanna try a Trek model?
I'd send ya one...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how well I could do with a Trek model, or if I even have the right colours... I do have Canadian Voodoo Gray, though! [Smile] I'd want to do a Starfleet ship, if any... Are there any kits that would be of a size comparable to a 1:24 scale car kit?
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think the closest is the 1:72 Runabout kit. Wait -- how big was AMT's old TOS shuttle kit? Or the main bridge?

Or do you mean that would take up the same amount of shelf space? [Wink]

The biggest mass-produced Trek kits are a bit shy of two feet long (18"-22", usually). The biggest Trek kit I know of at all is the Excelsior kit in 1:537 scale -- same as the movie Enterprise kits from AMT. Sucker's about a metre long, and I want one.

My personal ideal is to eventually have a 1:1400 representation of each Starfleet ship class, from at least TOS on. Wish me luck.

For now, though, Chris. I have a couple extra TOS and movie Enterprises from the first three-ship set in 1:2500. They're about 9 or 10cm long. Still unassembled, not even cleaned up from where they were removed from the sprues. I can do any amount of prep work you might like, or not. If you care for any, let me know. I might also be persuaded to part with one of my 1:1400 Enterprise-D kits.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the Starfleet ships are available made in 1400th:
with the exceptions of the BOBW ships and a few of the DS9 kitbashes anyway.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I suppose I could try one of those 1:2500 Movie Enterprises. Although god knows when I'd be able to get around to building them. Maybe after exams...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so far as I know, these are the classes we're missing in 1:1400. Most of these used to be represented, but I can't find them any more...

Oberth
Daedalus
Freedom
Challenger
New Orleans
Soyuz
Niagara
Springfield
Peregrine
Sydney

Anyone know where these can be found these days?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps