Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I'm going to war

Author Topic: I'm going to war
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As of April 3rd, I will go on a flight to meet up with the USS Stennis. I will graduate from Pensacola on the Feburary 21st, and go to Oceana, VA to be trained on the various components of the F-14. This is my squadron's homeport, the VF-143 "Pukin Dogs".

Unfortunately due to taking 7 days of leave during Christmas, I probably won't be allowed to take any leave until the USS Stennis returns from the cruise.

Technically I'm not going to war, if there will be war. This is because normally, E-2s on their first cruise usually does galley work. Washing pots, serving for 8 hours for 3 months. Sounds like fun. I did it in Boot Camp for 14 hours a day for 7 days.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't sell yourself short. Wars tend to be won or lost by the stomachs of the armies fighting them.

Best of luck.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pukin Dogs?

Couldn't you get yourself assigned to a squad with a less stranger name? Like say, the Suicide Kings?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little history..

VF-143 Pukin' Dogs stood up as a squadron in April 1976 & assigned to USS America along with VF-142 Ghost Rider as part of CVW-6. In those days, high-vis markings were still the norm (I love high-vis markings) & they used 3 thin blue diagonal stripes on the fuselage sides & upper vertical fin, along with slashes of blue on the fin & a winged horse. As part of CVW-6, they shared the AE tail code.

In January 1979, they transferred to CVW-7 aboard USS Dwight D. Eisenhower & were assigned the AG code. I THINK they might have been sent on to Ranger or Kitty Hawk in the mid-80s, & then to Abraham Lincoln in the early 90s, & finally from there to John C. Stennis.

Show the pilot's Masao's Minotaur art designs. Maybe we can get one of them to do a low-vis version on his plane.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend's stepmother has a dachshund that regularly vomits and reingests the contents of its stomach. Want me to get a picture of that to use?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't that be for the 'own-puke-eating dogs'? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Stennis... I think that just left. My ship is part of the Nimitz Battle Group which is about to head to the gulf in a few days.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ech
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to a friend of mine on the destroyer Douglas, the Stennis isn't scheduled to leave for some time yet. Mayhap you're thinking of another flattop?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one with the joo-joo eyeball? No, that's the right one. With monkey finger, right?
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*blink*

I do not understand your crazy moon language.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonah - are you turning into Professor Farnsworth?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it's "wonky finger".
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They haven't told me crap of where the USS Stennis is. At first they told me the entire squadron was down because of general repair. (F-14s have a saying "If it's not leaking, it's empty).

I'll find out when I leave on 21FEB03.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps