Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Life, and Bills, and Bills, and Bills ... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Life, and Bills, and Bills, and Bills ...
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmm....Papa Johns...

Do you deliver to Daytona Beach, Snay?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ick. Papa John's.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STIP CLUBS!!!

I googled for nothing.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer Pizza Shack myself.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Omega, it's: "Ick. Pizza."

OnToMars: From Baltimore to Daytona Beach? You're going to paying me a 10000% tip.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to start with, this is going to be a good week. I get my first check from the writing lab for the semester, and it should be $100 or so after taxes. Also, I'm working a dinner party for a professor on Saturday night, and not only should I be well paid for that, but I'm also getting a nice Sunday shift to make up for my missed Saturday shift. Woot.

I've given up on Amoco -- they've got a guy for the slot, and I should stop pestering them. I wouldn't mind working there, but it's not my primary focus. Alas. I'm going to hit the Nautilus Diner for an application tonight after I get out of the lab, 9:30 - 10ish. I'm hoping its not too busy (I don't want to pester them when they're packed). If I get the job, and the hours I want, I'll have to start closing PJs on Thursday nights (instead of opening), and I'll be working sixty hours a week ... and with luck, I'll be making some good money for a change (good money defined as "being able to make my monthly bills, make over minimum payments on my credit card and other debts, and having disposable income).

I'll also be very tired. But, what else is new, right LOA? This is what I did last semester, and I made very little for it. It's about time I made some decent money for the hours I work.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why I never want to work at a food place. Probably kill my appetite permanently. And I have a pretty healthy appetite. for example... 5 second microwave burrito (mmm burrito) gone in 10 seconds.

He eats like a pig.
I dunno I'd say he eats like a duck.
Well some kind of farm animal anyway.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 seconds? Will that even do anything?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make friends with an old lady.

Eat nothing but dried apples.

Problems will then be solved.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's about time I made some decent money for the hours I work."

Yup. Would help if you weren't treated as expendable tho. Being a student apparently means you're a risk factor, if my job-hunting experience is any indication. Sucks.

I can't offer much in the way of practical advice, because I haven't actually been in your position yet (cheapass car plus renting from parents = few monthly expenses to cover), but keep in mind that all this will pay off after you graduate.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just what kind of rates do they pay over there?

Jeff have you ever considered getting into a more permanent position at a bar or club (pubs) something? You should be able to get fairly steady hours and decent pay plus there can be generous tips involved.

But I'm not sure if the whole pub/bar scene in the US in very different to here or the UK.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

But I'm not sure if the whole pub/bar scene in the US in very different to here or the UK.

As long as he is at least 21, there is money to be made in bars, if you can take the drunks and all the smoke.

Jeff, do yourself a real fqavor, cut up the credit cards. They are not worth it.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking as someone who works with credit card accounts all day, I agree. It's one thing to have a card for emergencies... but that's just it. Emergencies. [Razz]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 seconds is enough to get it warm, but not too warm. if it's too hot it burns on the way down... AND THAT HURTS! [Frown]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FOLLOWUP!!

I heard someone from West Virginia say "chill" in the context Snay used it.

So, it's an honest-to-goodness phrase. Used by Baltimorians and West Virginians. Which I can only assume are like the wino states. Or wino city and wino state. If West Virginia is a state. I mean, it's like Virginia Jr. Which is not much of an accomplishment. WHY IS THERE NO EAST VIRGINIA?

Being all rebellious like, being all: "THERE IS NO EAST, BUT WE ARE WESTERN!" I say: West Virginia is chill.

And not basement.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps