Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Home Videos

Author Topic: Home Videos
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all the hubub these days about stuff like the "Digital Hub" and all the great stuff, how many people out there really make home videos?

Just wondering because I'm at home for the weekend and now snowed in (not literally, but no reason to go out in the storm) and we dug out some videos from about fourteen years ago. We haven't taken much in the way of home videos in almost ten years (though my dad does have a digital video camera) -- we take pictures, but usually don't document events nearly as much these days.

Anyhone else out there really take much in the way of documentation for their family events? And then actually go back and watch them years later? I never really thought about it before, because we never really used to watch them.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing we have in the way of home movies is my first birthday party. My mom rented a videocamera for that. We haven't had anything like that until about two years ago, when my dad bought a videocamera for the family. This year we got a digital camera, so we'll probably have lots of pictures and footage of my upcoming niece/nephew. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only home videos we're interested in making are currently out of the question because our webcam won't work and the digicam only records 10 seconds of video at a time (waits for the inevitable replies that surely that's plenty of time?). . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I turned one we did not have video cameras, but instead employed an off-duty temple scribe to record the event in a tasteful frieze carved into the wall of our second story walk-up in downtown Ur.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, go sideways-bird-wavy-line-eye-dot-squiggle yourself! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps