Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My Jack*ss friend...

Author Topic: My Jack*ss friend...
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My jackass friend has been using third party programs to hack the password of my MSN Homtail account (he does this to all his other friends too [Mad] ). I know this because he's an idiot and he brags about it. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a program that will allow me to find out when he does this, or if you good people have any suggestions on how to keep him out of my e-mail account. And maybe something for a little revenge too. [Wink]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and your "friend" both use a very strange definition of the word "friend."
Not being too familiar with Hotmail security, one would think that it wouldn't be entirely *that* easy to hack into an email account. Granted that it is Microsoft software, it still shouldn't be that easy to just arbitrarily hack.
(Someone may feel free to correct me)
Do you actually have any proof he does this to anyone, including yourself (aside from his bragging)?

General advice: Rotate your password, regularly scan your computer for viruses/trojans, and above all, don't let your "friend" gain physical access to your computer.

Long term advice: Gain another email address, preferably from a more respectable institution, like a university, a web hosting service, etc. Use this for important mail, from employers for academic purposes, etc. Just plain don't let him know about it. Reserve the hotmail account for spam, unimportant emails, signing up for BBSs.

Revenge: This really isn't a game you (or anyone else) really wants to play. Of course, if he really is poking around your email account, you might as well leave behind something interesting. Fake emails from his SO describing your secret love affair, conspiracy style correspondence to and from his parents, siblings, etc. to play unspecified pranks and cause general havoc with his private possessions. The sky is the limit.

*Warning: This posting has been brought to you by the all the binary strings of length n, in which all blocks are of size congruent to 1 modulo 3.*

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack! Ack! Modular arithmetic! The madness! The horror! The... strong cipher!

@DaBang: I gratuitously point thee towards PGP, a highly serviceable encryption utility. It won't safeguard your account, but it will protect your email (until quantum computing becomes a reality, anyway).

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx for the advice. But he's using third party programs, from some place called majorgeeks.com. and other than his bragging, he's actually described the contents of an e-mail in my other friends account, and yes we both kinda use the term friend pretty loosely, i think he's doing it for attention, cause he's really just a geek. that's how he spends his evenings, invading his "friends" privacy.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damned script kiddies.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reccommend a good beating. Perhaps TSN can loan you the BWANII?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps