Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Fifth Element Question

Author Topic: Fifth Element Question
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell is meant by the line: "I am a meat popsicle."? [Confused]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argh. I haven't seen the movie in a few years.

It was either because he'd just been frozen, or because he'd been stuck in the refrigerator or something along those lines.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The police are on a security check of the building actually looking for him. When they ask him if he is human.

Cop "Sir are you classified as human?"
Korbin "Uh negative I'm a meat popsicle."

I have never really tried to figure out the meaning of it. I'd have to say it is in there simply because it sounds funny.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Sci-Fi fantasy film directed by a Frenchman, made in London and has an American as it's male lead.
Be grateful that it makes as much sense as it does.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
It's a Sci-Fi fantasy film directed by a Frenchman, made in London and has an American as it's male lead.

Wow, how much more Canadian can you get? [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be a little sexual innuendo?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't he sarcastic because the cop shouldn't have to state that he's human, it's kind of self-explanatory (they're both).

I have another question: In "Fifth Element" when Gary Oldman's bad guy gets a transmission from some dark,
commanding voice telling him to do this and that, whose voice is that?
Who is Oldman "working" for, and what the hell is that liquid dripping down on Oldman's head?
It's not blood, it's brown and oily transparent, like motor oil. And where's it coming from???

What is that brown lava-planet in the beginning that grows with anger? I understand its the enemy, but what is it?

Also, they rebuilt Leeloo from a disembodied hand.
Was the hand taken from a canister in the ship debris, or from one of them giant Armadillo-gorilla suits?
Proving that all the giant space-armadillo/gorillas are humans?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The big lava planet is the embodiment of pure evil. That is who Zorg's boss is. Presumably, the stuff coming from his head is supposed to be blood.

At the start of the movie, the Mondoshawans take the fifth element away from Earth. Presumably, this is Leeloo and what she was rebuilt from.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I'm going to have to say that the liquid is a physical representation of the evil in a person and that the Dark Planet when it extends its influence to you it forces the evil to the surface.

Atleast that is always how I looked at it.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a pretty deep way of looking at it...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did sound nauseatingly euphoric during the exchange, like perhaps he should fondle himself a bit, to boot.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps