Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Seti (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Seti
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They give you some random password, so you wont remember it.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful. And these are the people who hope to establish communications with other worlds? Good luck. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one was in the comics today:
 -

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazingly, I've found my password. I didn't even know I had emails from that far back. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now join the fast rising TNO team.

With K and I both having new computers, and 359 already over 300, we are getting them done now. I think even Elim is back at it. I'l have to look again to be sure.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops, I see you are already in a group.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh... is TNO even an active place anymore? Why not rename it for Flare instead?

Is it possible to switch groups? Maybe I should join up... I'd instantly have all you guys blown away. [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TNO is pretty much dead, save for the SETI@home group. Yes, the name can be changed. Perhaps I'll do so soon.

I believe that you can switch groups. And having more members (and results) is always a good thing. [Smile]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I'd eventually catch up to you, since my computer completes a work unit in 2/3rds the time it takes yours.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Maybe... but by that time, I'll have bought a new computer, and I'm sure that whatever processor chip ends up being called the G5 will end up smoking yours away... [Razz] (Kidding, kidding!)

--------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

I got an e-mail form Gepta001.

quote:

I'm going to Brooks Institute of Photography, getting a degree in film making. I just turned 25, and life couldn't be better.

Said he might get back into Seti. He's got a nice Mac to edit film.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
I'd instantly have all you guys blown away. [Razz]

suck it.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Heh... that's because I took a year's break. (Not trying to make childish competition here, just explaining. [Wink] ) When I bought my iBook in November 2001, I stopped using screen savers, because a laptop needs them even less than a desktop model. I thought about running it in the background on occasion, but it's always too much of a bother to remember to turn it on. Now, I've got the Unix client running, without any GUI save for a tiny menu icon that lets me turn it on and off, and also set the "nice" level for background processing (meaning priority over other programs).

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kidding, of course. (for what it's worth, I've also had at least a year-long break)

And MM, I'm on your side. This was primarily accomplished using two G4s. It's too bad it won't incorporate into the OSX screen-saver program.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Yeah, that's been my biggest complaint -- and actually was part of the reason why I wasn't using it for a while. Since I'm at college, I wanted the ability to use the password protection on the screensaver, to complement the other OS X security features. SETI's recommendation is to run two screensavers at the same time. [Roll Eyes]

Anyway, I'm using the command-line client now, along with a very handy utility called SETI Menu to control it. PM me if you'd like some pointers for setting it up. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps