Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » GAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Author Topic: GAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some jackass sheared off my rear bumper at work today. I was pulling out of the space--JUST let my foot off the brake--& he shot behind me & took it off. I hadn't moved but 6 inches. My insurance company is telling me they might not pay for repairs because I was using the car for work. Work won't pay. I don't have the money & I JUST finished paying off the advance from the LAST one.

But SOMEBODY is gonna pay one way or the other. And it's NOT gonna be me.

I don't need this right now. I don't. I don't. I don't have enough money for anything else. I don't have enough for the past 2 months RENT much less this or even an ATTORNEY.

I'm almost done screaming & yelling & killing the world. All I want to do now is go break down somewhere & have a good long cry.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My insurance company is telling me they might not pay for repairs because I was using the car for work."

Is there something more to this that I'm not getting? I don't see why they could refuse to pay simply because you were at work.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he told the insurance company that the car was for personal use and not for work use, then they could get out of it that way.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Are you okay?

2) Have you taken pictures? LOTS of pictures... document it from ALL angles.

3) Do you know who did it, or any idea what the car looked like/ license plate?

4) Did you document it with the owners of the parking lot it happened in?

and 5) Did you file a police report? You usually only have 24 hours to do so, meaning that if you didn't yet, you should get on it - preserve your rights. It may help you in the long run......

Sorry.... having been in a lot of accidents myself, I just wanted to make sure you were doing everything you can to cover your ass, and potentially help you to make someone else pay for the damages.

Let me know if I can help - Car Accident Queen here, and all [Wink]

Sorry to hear about your misfortune..... I'm here for ya.... [Frown]

~LOA

PS~ If you have pictures, can you post a few? I'm curious how bad the damage is - if it's not too bad, it may be easier to fix than you'd think (and less expensive!) Hang in there!

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
1) Are you okay?

Yes. She, however, is not.

quote:
2) Have you taken pictures? LOTS of pictures... document it from ALL angles.
No. There was no camera & there were enoguh people who saw exactly what it looked like as makes no difference.

quote:
3) Do you know who did it, or any idea what the car looked like/ license plate?
Yes. The guy stopped. I have all of his info.

quote:
4) Did you document it with the owners of the parking lot it happened in?
Fuck YES. The lot was WORK. I was backing out to take a run. I moved SIX INCHES.

quote:
5) Did you file a police report? You usually only have 24 hours to do so, meaning that if you didn't yet, you should get on it - preserve your rights. It may help you in the long run......
Had to. Kirah called the cops right then. The store needed to do it for their own procedures.

I got a call from the office adjuster at the company today. They WILL cover it. So ha. I also got a call from the other guy's company; I'm not calling them until I talk with my people some more. Finally, I have to see a field adjuster tomorrow. So.

In the meantime, the bumper is sitting in my living room. Jenn & I are going to attempt to reattach in some form in order to restore at least a semblance of field flow dynamics. And to make my car look less like she's wearing ass chaps.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the wrote the song "I can't drive 55" about me so here goes...

I would in this case also speak to a lawyer. Not hire one, just speak to one about insurance law as it applies in this case. It'll set you back $300 but it helps. You call up the Insurance Bastards and they give you a song and dance about not covering you... Simply state "I talked to a lawyer about that..." and things Will Happen.

Good luck.

Oh, and duct tape works great for reattaching bumpers. Just be carful pulling it off after.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps