Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Starfleet Command III Question

Author Topic: Starfleet Command III Question
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How the hell do I rise in rank from Lieutenant up to Admiral? [Confused]

I've played the game three times (one for each of the difficulty levels) and I'm still a Lieutenant at the end - what gives? [Frown]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That will be in the sequel to Starfleet Command III, entitled "Desk Commander". Included will be the ability to hatch nefarious conspiracies and torment players commanding actual starships.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm told that there's a 'cooperative' online environment where you'll get to be a naggy bureaucrat, arbitrarily decomissioning favorite ships, re-arranging the chain-of-command at inoprtune moments (with an emphasis on inserting new commanders unfamiliar with the procedures and routines who will want to re-arrange everything), and just generally fucking almost anything that could approach adventurous or tactically effective or whatever. w00t!
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a bug. I've been stuck at Lt. for the last month since I've bought the game. Just wait for the patch... or hack that sucker like what I did to increase the amount of phasers and torp launchers that the USS Prometheus can hold.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

akb1979
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
I think it's a bug. I've been stuck at Lt. for the last month since I've bought the game. Just wait for the patch... or hack that sucker like what I did to increase the amount of phasers and torp launchers that the USS Prometheus can hold.

The Prometheus? What? [Confused]

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to sfc3files.com and download it for yourself. They have the Ambassador Class Excalibur there also along with other ships to blow up. I just got the entire ship manifest of ST:FC and updated all my default ship skins so they look more realistic.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

akb1979
Member # 557

OK. Went there and downloaded the New Orleans starship. The damned thing didn't load!!!!!!!!!!!

What a load of crap and a waste of time. [Frown]

Thanks anyway.

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

That New Orleans for SFC3 does suck... that's why I like the one that comes with Bridge Commander more.

--------------------

akb1979
Member # 557

quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
That New Orleans for SFC3 does suck... that's why I like the one that comes with Bridge Commander more.

[Roll Eyes] NOW he tells me! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

akb1979
Member # 557

Well apparently my time allowance to edit my post has expired - what's with that? [Confused]

Anyway - are there any good ships to download fromt SC3 Files?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The post-edit limit is two hours.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't download individual ships, download mods. Those have a better chance of running, and even though they're big files, you can play them online campaigns.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

That's true, I downloaded individual ships that I can't use online... that and I modded the hell out of them. The USS Prometheus is nice when modified though.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps