Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » All the result of an encounter with the dark side of the Internet (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: All the result of an encounter with the dark side of the Internet
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my mind, I hear the above monologue doen by a voice that sounds like a combination of Sam Elliott & Lance Le Gault, with a bit of Charles Napier thrown in for good measure.

And this is all starting to sound more than a bit like Trigun.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is with that show, anyway? "It's the greatest anime ever!" Eh, OK, pal.

It is because I do not like the amusing facial contortions designed to mark the funny periods, I think. Though I have only seen the first two episodes.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trigun's an aquired taste and certainly NOT the best in anime by any means.

That would be Cowboy Bebop. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of which I am a fan, perhaps because they restrict the wacky facial distortions to Ed, and even then not so much.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Big o is quite good as well (if you see it on Adult Swim-it's unedited there).
Lots of mystery and things unsaid between characters.
And giant city-smashing giant robots with greedy corperate types manipulating psychopaths into killing inncocents and causing billions in collateral damage to the city.
Can't forget that.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Trigun's an aquired taste..."

I thought all anime was.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simon: Stick with Trigun. My apprentice was big into it and loaned them to me piecemeal. At first I was all, "HUH?" and then I was all "WHA?" and then I was all "WHOA!". No, but for the first several episodes it kind seems silly and 'wacky facial expresions�' and all, but then it kind of changes and it's good, the change. It's not TEH BEST EVAR!!1!, but it's very good.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apprentice? What are you, a village smithy?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Village something.... [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TSN was all:
Apprentice? What are you, a village smithy?

What of it? You need your metal heated up and bent or something?
quote:
and then Jason Abbadon was, like:
Village something... [Wink]

I'd prefer to be the Indian Chief, but they'd probably make me the Soldier or the Cop. Affirmative action sucks.

I wish I had something cool to teach him like how to swing a lightsaber or some shit, but we can't all be as cool as Ghislain. I'm teaching him to be patent draftsman. It's boring. I realize. I just like saying that I have an apprentice because that's how it works.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wizards have apprentices. Maybe you are David Blaine, Street Magician.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, now teach him how to levitate his ass in four directions and scare old ladies.

Re: Trigun, it looks nicely done, but that pacifist-streak, "armed to the teeth yet only disarms enemy with shots to his gun hand, making him feel awkward and repentant", it feels too Goody Two Shoes/MacGyver-ish to me.
If I needed my TV-shows to teach me restraint I'd buy a damn Columbo DVD Collection.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps